drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Uberchile - Azure 2.0
Go to the bottom of this page Uberchile - Azure 2.0
Author
www.myspace.com/uberchile

Registration Date: 14-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Please check out my new track 'Azure 2.0' and post your comments here!

Spent alot of time on this in the last few days, cleaned up everything alot, played around with the intro, added a breakdown at the end. more variation.

Let us know what you think, any feedback is useful as always.

Cheers

-UC-

__
www.myspace.com/uberchile
07-11-2010 15:42 Homepage of Uberchile
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Intros nice, sik bass, pretty decent overall, wikid little outro aswell. thumbs up!
07-11-2010 17:50
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

haha is that sample from the fl speech synthesiser in the choir boi setting

__
buy the ticket take the ride
07-11-2010 22:58
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Snare could use a bit of white noise to get make it sound less hollow. The snare that gets a low-pass treatment in the breakdown sounds just like the main snare sound. Tune has great potential otherwise. Good melodies, good structure, very entertaining. Although the bass is panning (which I usually don't like) it's all good.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
08-11-2010 12:57 Homepage of BattleDrone
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I really like what you’ve got here. Haven’t had a chance to listen to the preview so I just did that to check out your achievement and I think it is immense.
First of all I’m very glad you made another mixdown that doesn’t sound as harsh, dry and loud as your preview. I’ve noticed in a few of your older tunes that you tend to go for enormous loudness and very little bass frequencies. For a few tunes that might work but keep in mind it can easily fuck up the whole concept and atmosphere.
In this case it’s very obvious how a mix with more depth and balance suits the chill vibe and melodies (you could even go for a more low end imo). Keep it that way when adjusting a final master.

The snare sits much better in the mix, sounding a bit hollow as BD mentioned, but I actually believe that’s a good thing. Surely it’s a matter of taste, but there is also a technical explanation to it: the snare having not as much high end leaves quite some room for your percussions and hats. You are having a more defined high end that way. Check out if it’s cool with some white noise-ish layer tho, I might be wrong.
To end the talk about your snare I’d like to add that it would be a good thing to try how a bit less compression would sound. It’s a cool effect for sure but when you turn the music up, all that remains is squash. There is no solid bottom or punch. If I were you I’d try a combination of compression and transient designer and let the snare breathe some more. (I often do it that way because transient designers are very powerful tools). If you can’t get it any better with this rather leave it as you have it.

Loving the composition. Real and synthetic sounds complement one another and build a sweet soundscape. Especially loving outro and intro. Outro is very ace with those half time drums.

Keep it up Happy
08-11-2010 19:14 Homepage of Gregg
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

nice one uberchile! i remember hearing the original and have to agree the mixdown is much better. like a huge difference. big thing right off the bat is the snare is less ear piercing. i think gregg tapped a lot of good points so i won't hit those points again.

levels ar emuch better all the way around. seems everything is working together better rather than against each other. still seems you got some good room for more bass.

really diggin' that breakdown about 3:50. that was a nice changeup. don't even remember that one from the preview, so it was a nice addition.

honestly, the only thing i found rather off was the panning bass, which if it was more subtle and less frequent it wouldn't have been so bad. sitting here with headphones on it was even more distracting, like i could find myself sitting here focusing on that sound following it with my eyes and being drawn away from the tune itself.

but aside from the minor picks, this really sounds so much better than the last and is a solid track. great job! Bigup

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
09-11-2010 23:08
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Waaaaah this song is really chilled.
Makes me very relaxed, especially the intro.
The vocals make it an even more "galactic" song.
I've only got 2 remarks:
1) In my opinion, your snare lacks a bit of high end, but I think that might be a matter of taste so just do as you wish
2) The pan in your reese is a bit too wide. But again, that's just my opinion.

You made yourself a killer track!
Big up

__

10-11-2010 19:06
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Uberchile - Azure 2.0