drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » optikal_assassin - Jungle Snipa - That Bassline
Go to the bottom of this page optikal_assassin - Jungle Snipa - That Bassline
Author
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Please check out my new track 'Jungle Snipa - That Bassline' and post your comments here!

just about done. i think i have the structure where i want it and eq'ing pretty close to how i want it to sound. i may end up going back and making some minor edits at a later time, i just need to need to give my ears a break off this track and come back later and listen again. i would say it's pretty well finished at this point, but i wanted to get some feedback at this point of where it stands. definitely not gunning for any dance floor type of material but rather just focusing on beats and basslines for the most part.

this was actually done at a much slower tempo than what i'm used to, coming in at just 168 bpm, but i wanted to go with a nice slow tempo to keep the bass flowing.

this is being released under my jungle snipa alias which i like to use more for slower heavier type of material, just in case anyone was wondering. well, here it is and please enjoy. it's been kinda frustrating trying to get the sound i was after, and i'm still not 100% pleased with the sound, but hopefully, one damn day i'm going to perfect this sound i'm trying to achieve.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by optikal_assassin: 02-11-2010 17:42.

02-11-2010 17:04
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Sounding better brutha. Nice work.

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
03-11-2010 09:20 Homepage of Dub Bananez
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks dubs. as a lot of people would prolly feel about their own tunes, i don't think i came proper enough with this one. after more listens, it feels almost rushed. but i guess i'll just have to try and step up my game a bit more next time. but i really appreciate your listening time. Bigup

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
03-11-2010 15:35
fogboy fogboy is a male
fog

images/avatars/avatar-3219.png

Registration Date: 13-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

like the intro, the drums are cool 2 like that style of break. Hoovers sound cool also. everything is structured really nice all sounds sit nicely. The only thing i could criticise about this track is you can only hear the subs on some of the bass stabs. Apart from that i'd say this tune is perfect. Nice 1
03-11-2010 23:40
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

big ups fogboy. you're absolutely right on that note about the subs only coming through. this mastering job was a total wreck and i'm gonna go back and get this stuff put through an analyzer to get my levels all back in check. i've been kinda flooded with so many ideas lately that i've been neglecting one of the important things of a track, and thats proper eq'ing. i'll prolly re-release this later with new edits and level checking, but thanks for inputting on this one.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
04-11-2010 00:31
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

love the vibes on this one, proper jungle feel to it. reckon the main drums could do with a being a bit more upfront in the mix, i like the sound of them i just wanted em to be louder! nice track though

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
05-11-2010 00:15 Homepage of bm84
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks bone man. appreciate your listening time! i'll definitely be more careful with them breaks from now on. Wink

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
05-11-2010 00:53
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

all sounds good my end man nice job

__
buy the ticket take the ride
05-11-2010 08:08
krd

Registration Date: 28-09-2010

You over used the noise sweep. Everything else sounds good to me. The noise sweep is there way too many times - you should have at least varied the pan on it - it's coming from the same place each time and it's distracting.
05-11-2010 12:30
Galeforce
Producer

Registration Date: 07-11-2010

JS - I like your groove. I like the vocal snippets and the mentazm arrangement. This doesn't sound too slow for me, it rolls well. The baseline is ok - but it isn't the main part of the track for me. The sounds and the drums are vibing me more than the bass. I assumed that by the name of your track you wanted the bass to be the main feature (?). What was the sound you were trying to achieve? This is a nice mix between darkness and nice roller - not really one or the other but the best of both.
07-11-2010 21:51
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks galeforce. yeah, originally the bass was what i wanted to be the main feature. i think i fell pretty short in that and should have maybe strived for a bigger bass sound. think i got a little side tracked as i got into it and lost sight of what i was originally intending. but thanks for pointing that out. i'm still feeling the potential in this one, but i think once i give my ears some time off this one, i'll go back to the original project and rebuild the sound again. it's got issues, i just need to come back to it with fresh ears. been hearing it to many times so far.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
08-11-2010 08:01
switchdnb

Registration Date: 10-11-2010

nice track like your beat arragements and also the keys. wicked bassline heavy, reminds me off an old jungle tune. SMASHER.. got that vaulve flava.
10-11-2010 22:06
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » optikal_assassin - Jungle Snipa - That Bassline