drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » dub step sounds :(
Go to the bottom of this page dub step sounds :(
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 11-10-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.67

ok does anyone know how to make a detailed wub sound on fl studio for dubsteps?
like i know how to do the wobble bass and i use sytrus to do that but there are alot of artist out their who have a very powerful wub low sound it sounds litterally like a big deep voiced man saying wub wub wub... i cant seem to find how to make the sounds so please if anyone knows any settings or could send me presets that would be much appreciated!!! i have no idea what to do when it comes to setting up sounds for synths but i really would like to learnSmile because i absolutly have a burning passion for music so please help me out Smile )))
02-11-2010 00:21
c0rksteria c0rksteria is a male
Blazed Bandits

Registration Date: 20-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Thats either a sample that has been "bounced" and reporocessed etc etc, OR a higher quality vst... i.e NI Massive.... I dont no what you mean about the y have some deep wub wub rah rah rah... thats surely in away anyway ultimatley contorlled by your pitch envolope???..... :/

After a very quick look on youtube i've found this mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuCcq2XW-s

Theres acouple of presets to download in the video discription, its with "wasp-xt" if you own that (is part of fl but only comes with certain packages...) its quite good, try to see how theyve originaly programmed the wave table.

Heres another little example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j4clZLzhbw&feature=related

see how he uses processing to get that deep wub wub you wanted? lol...

The bootom line is mate your never get anything brilliant with core Fl things... you need NI Massive or alike and MANY processing rtas plugins.... Its just a learning curve bud.

Hope this has helped...

Also check Battledrones recent post about wobble bass with camel crusher.....

battledrones post; "A generic way to make anything wobble in FL-studio. Take any synth sound (or sample) and route it to a mixer channel (let's say channel 1). Get Camelcrusher (free plugin) from Camel audio and load it as the first plugin in Channel 1. Switch off the distortion and set the Cut-off filter in the middle postion (12'o clock), turn RES down (to the left). The other settings aren't important for now. Now add Fruity Formula Controller (I'll call it FFC from here on) to Channel 1 and chose "Simple Sine LFO" as setting. Go back to your Camel Crusher and touch the Cut Off setting (just rotate it a little bit) and depending on your FL version you'll need to get to "Last tweaked Parameter" and choose "Link to controller". Next you choose the FFC-peak from the dropdown list and click ok. Now the Cut-off from CamelCrusher will wobble according to the formula in the FFC. You can change the wobbling by changing the values of the A (base), B (range) and C (speed) knobs in the FFC and you can easily automate these settings. Now anything you send into channel1 will wobble! Happy wobbling! "

Good work battledrone.
02-11-2010 16:43
djsm
Producer

Registration Date: 11-10-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.67

i have the massive synth but i really am in way over my head with that i have no idea how to make a wobble with that so if anyone could help i would appreciate it greatly! i am really new to dubstep and i can make a decent sound using sytrus on fl but its nothing compared to any of the ones i hear on youtube.. and i really would like to know how to make really grungy powerful dubstep sounds
06-11-2010 20:24
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » dub step sounds :(