drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Hudskov - Amen To Your Mother
Go to the bottom of this page Hudskov - Amen To Your Mother
Author
Sponsor

Registration Date: 05-03-2010

Please check out my new track 'Amen To Your Mother' and post your comments here!

Decided to use some old samples and try something new with them. Love my oldskool so enjoyed making this. Still needs a bit of work but nearly finished.

Enjoy, Hud

This track has been deleted on the producer's request
15-10-2010 12:02
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Too much stereo on bass, it feels weird on headphones.
The piano breakdown is a bit unexpected because it is quite a style change.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
15-10-2010 14:26 Homepage of BattleDrone
thesiskin
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3195.jpg

Registration Date: 14-09-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

nice synth line crawls in sweet.
great bass flow.
good amens, nice slicing and arranging - bangin beats
cool lead at 2:00 very mysterious!

piano breakdown is ace - gotta have a good breakdown in oldskool just time to wipe the sweat off! i didnt see that pitchdown comin! (02:59)

possibly try a different pitch on the vocal sample - its probably my ears, - but to me it sounds like it should be a note or 2 sharper.

proper oldskool banger! - i really like!

15-10-2010 16:41
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

not sure i'm feeling that synth on the intro or the rest of the track. just sounds a little too cheesy to me. you cut the hell out of that amen though. good work on that end.

the track itself seemed a little scattered all over the place. like it felt as though there was no real intro or buildup to a drop. i mean, i guess i hate to sound like i'm saying someone would have to follow exact structure of a drum n bass song, but it just feels like im kinda lost with all the dramatic changeups in the tune, like that changeup around 1:57 for example. it's almost like several ideas rolled up into one song.

bass seems to be really lacking. almost like it's got a lot of stereo image on the bass, which makes it feel kinda sloppy, and doesn't sound too good on the system. i like my bass tight and punchy, just a personal preference i guess.

overall, it's got good points, but some downs too. good effort though. Bigup

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
15-10-2010 21:53
Galeforce
Producer

Registration Date: 07-11-2010

Like the oldskool style. Quite hard to do something original with Amen its been rinsed to death but it is the daddy break as it uses up the whole audio spectrum. Could not really hear much sub going on(?) Got a bit confused with the piano and vocal that came in at 02:53 as it was kind of like part of a different track. Would be good to blend these in a bit more with the other sounds to make it flow a bit better as they just come in for a bit and then the track went back to like at the beginning.
08-11-2010 23:59
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Hudskov - Amen To Your Mother