drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » thesiskin - Blizzard (unfinished Preview)
Go to the bottom of this page thesiskin - Blizzard (unfinished Preview)
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3195.jpg

Registration Date: 14-09-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Please check out my new track 'Blizzard (unfinished Preview)' and post your comments here!

alright guys!

this is a preview of the track i'm working on - i haven't sorted out the structure properly as yet but whats here is a rough guide of what i got so far.

**respect to Battledrone** - the drums on this are from his loop pack - i've treated them quite heavy but you'll recognise the stylie!

i really been strugglin with sound levels/ mixing/mastering cos i'm quite new - so any advice or ideas - lets have 'em - i always appreciate them (and hopefully learn from them) however harsh!

ez.
13-10-2010 00:37
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

alright man, i'll take a stab at this one. bear with me though as i can only listen on headphones right now. just can't get a good kick on my monitors at these hours. but from what i'm hearing, it sounds like you're onto something good here.

first off, i'm diggin' the beat boxed drums in the intro. i'm assuming you did those? good job if so. i tried it once a long time ago, and i know it's fun making your own drums by mouth.

intro sounds a little scattered, but like you said, it's a rough guide. you'll definitely need to build a mor eproper intro, then come in with a more gradual drop. don't just hop from intro to drop within a second. i think this would be awesome with a more filled out intro, then gradually build up to something chaotic. i can see this track goin' nuts after it drops with them drums and a tearing bassline.

drums sound a little too maxed. like too much high end, which seems to be robbing the snares of space to do their work. kinda like the snares are getting lost in the mix some due to the overworked high frequencies from the hihats. maybe less higher frequencies on the breaks and tone down the volume some on them, so that way you got some room to play with a bassline too.

other than that though, i can say it's got potential. it's a bit scattered and short for me to really comment on structure, but i'm sure you'll sort it out when the time is right. just let it roll out longer, but not overly repeating everything. toss in some various hits and synths to really spice up the track.

hope i was somewhat helpful and hope to see something bigger come of this. could be good. Bigup

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
13-10-2010 05:05
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Thanks for the respect.
Not sure about the human beatbox elements.
And my breakbeat sounds a little muffled (maybe that's my fault, dunno :-/)
Like your melodies, bass could be a bit heavier (sub wise).
Sound levels: it's a good idea to avoid pushing any sound to the max. Just keep them all well below 0db (like -10db or something) and then put some compression on your master bus to push the levels to -0.2db. This way you'll keep a lot of clipping/distortion/interfering mystery out of your mix.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
13-10-2010 21:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
thesiskin
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3195.jpg

Registration Date: 14-09-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

thanks for your help guys!

i'm gonna some proper low bass on this - i wanted to keep the upright bass sound treble-y tho - so it cuts throughthe mix.

i need to have another look at the drums. i definately maxed them (too much) - the problem i had is that -without loads of treble the snare sounded a bit thumpy, but with the treble they sound a bit crunchy (especially the background snare hits between the kick and the main snare).

i layed extra drums & percussion over BD's loop even though i thought it was spot on without extras - i just didnt want to be loop thief!

i think i'll strip the drums back to the dry loop and be gentler this time.

i'll try what u guys suggested - nice one!

safe!
14-10-2010 02:09
eurk0 eurk0 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 28-05-2008

the kick in the start is you beatboxin? Big Grin quite funny, not sure if it fits there. i think not Wink there's waaay too much breakz/hats/topend. cant here or focus on anything but them. kills my ears man. vocal's nice though.

__
http://soundcloud.com/eurk0
23-10-2010 11:56
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I like the trak overall but it does clash in parts, some notes seem 2 b out like the last jazz/bass note and the 1st pad chord 2 me, i think its the 1st pad note. mess with it u will spot it right away. I learnt alot from reading up about eqing different sounds 2 get them on diff. frequency lvls. bit of work and u got a nice trak. It will prob be marked low but like u said its a work in progress
08-11-2010 21:32
Galeforce
Producer

Registration Date: 07-11-2010

Vy nice indeed. Heavyweight. Lovin the drums and the dark vibe. Good intro too. Makes me want you to finish the track so I can hear it all. Like the drum teaser at 0:25 would be good to do more of this. Vocal is nice too - sounds like you have time stretched some of this. You have done the drums well - did you compress them or eq to sound so heavy? Can't really hear much bass tho perhaps needs to be brought higher into the mix as not feelin much sub. This is the track I have felt most out of what I have listened to so far this week. Defo want to hear more
08-11-2010 23:44
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » thesiskin - Blizzard (unfinished Preview)