drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Sampling, Re-Sampling, Multisampling and note (integrity?)
Go to the bottom of this page Sampling, Re-Sampling, Multisampling and note (integrity?)
Author
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Hi All.

Resampling. Simple idea...but should I be bouncing multisamples each time I process my sample, because if I want to play this note that I've bounced and re-bounced, say a G-note, then what range can I play it over before you can tell that it is a single note that is being pitched to much?

Hope that makes sense. It may seem pretty obvious to just use your ears to tell when a note is being stretched too far from its original pitch, but multi-sampling seems like a task involving way too much time, especially when re-sampling over and over!

thanks.

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
09-09-2010 16:49
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

yes, your ear is gonna tell you when you've super-stretched it. just see where the limits are and from there on put another sample so in this way you won't have to export to many samples, but just the necessary ones.
10-09-2010 20:16
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

If you have FL Studio & Directwave, you can sample an instrument; you select a range and how many samples to make per so many notes, and it will make, for example, samples for 2 octaves.

That being said, you don't HAVE to bounce all the time.

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
19-09-2010 12:06 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Liquids
If you have FL Studio & Directwave, you can sample an instrument; you select a range and how many samples to make per so many notes, and it will make, for example, samples for 2 octaves.

That being said, you don't HAVE to bounce all the time.

Yeah, they have a great algorithm that does it all for you. You just select a patch on the instrument and then ask directwave to make a sampled patch. Try it.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
19-09-2010 16:49 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Sampling, Re-Sampling, Multisampling and note (integrity?)