drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Fruity Loops Help Please!
Go to the bottom of this page Fruity Loops Help Please!
Author

Registration Date: 19-08-2010

I'm new to this site so sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I am having trouble with piano roll in Fruity Loops. I am not able to lengthen or shorten the notes like I want to. I make the lines shorter and longer, but it doesn't change the length of the sound. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please Help. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
19-08-2010 03:00
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Select the instrument you are trying to edit in the piano roll by clicking its button in the step sequencer.
You'll see a box that says "Channel settings"... (if you don't see it, click again).
Go to the INS tab in the above mentioned box.
Click on VOL
Set up the volume envelope for the sound. Turn all knobs completely to the left, except for SUS (= sustain) which you turn completely to the right.
Now edit in piano roll and notes will have correct length..

O and... One more thing...

It really helps Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-08-2010 22:54 Homepage of BattleDrone
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Select the instrument you are trying to edit in the piano roll by clicking its button in the step sequencer.
You'll see a box that says "Channel settings"... (if you don't see it, click again).
Go to the INS tab in the above mentioned box.
Click on VOL
Set up the volume envelope for the sound. Turn all knobs completely to the left, except for SUS (= sustain) which you turn completely to the right.
Now edit in piano roll and notes will have correct length..

O and... One more thing...

It really helps Big Grin

HAHAHAHA Drummer sooooo funny

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
24-08-2010 15:59
Ben Kama
Tourist

Registration Date: 24-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

It might also be that you have a sound that is simply not any longer than that, especially if it's a sample. You can loop them however, click on the 'use loop points' button on the sampler's first window and you have a loop. You can adjust it in edison by changing the loop points, adjusting the CRF knob in the bottom of the sampler, or with an external audio editor.

__
benkama.com

02-09-2010 01:29 Homepage of Ben Kama
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Fruity Loops Help Please!