drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dubrain Hertz - A Veritable Smorgasbord
Go to the bottom of this page Dubrain Hertz - A Veritable Smorgasbord
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Please check out my new track 'A Veritable Smorgasbord' and post your comments here!

Not exactly sure what to call this but the drums are definetely drumnbassy.

Mixed but not mastered, would love some input on frequency/mixing-issues.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
25-07-2010 12:46 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Dethworm Dethworm is a male
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

Digging that strawberry fields vibe and lead melody there. Needs a build up and more nuance like little automations and FX's. Mix is definitly a bit flat. It sounds like you only have one drum loop/sound going on here and really you need like 5. Crisping up your main drum with some tube distortion, very slight compression and higher freq. boost. Cut a tiny around 300 hz. Love that bassline those are my favorite to play with my left hand while the right does leads, actually sounds like you play same as me. Try this scale... with the left hand do an octive arp like here alternating four measures between D and D sharp, and throw in A if you can alternate three. The scale is D, Dsharp, Fsharp, G, A, A sharp, Csharp to mess with on the right hand. Arabic shit. Layer another snare on here and give the kick more snap with more EQ'ed layers. Just look at the EQ for kick and bass as they are the most important. The kick should have much super low end on it at all and that was my biggest first mistake. Cut everything below 100hz or less depending on what key your bassline is in. The cut everything from 100 to 300 on our bassline. Just some things I do. Hope this helps and keep it up cause this tune is actually really unique.

River

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
25-07-2010 18:05 Homepage of Dethworm
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Aphex Twin weirdness would be a good label to stick on this (LOL) if it needed labeling.
Like it as it is pretty fresh!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
25-07-2010 19:44 Homepage of BattleDrone
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

random sounds like the tune to one of the old zelda games at points

__
buy the ticket take the ride
28-07-2010 09:51
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

all seems a bit messy, drums sound flat and lack clarity, the drop is abrupt (well i wasnt ready for it!) there seems to be a lot of ideas going on here and personally I think it misses the point. Maybe strip it back a bit? Sounds like a mash up of several genres with a dnb loop going crazy in the background.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
29-07-2010 10:33 Homepage of goonybag
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dubrain Hertz - A Veritable Smorgasbord