drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Surya - Infinity
Go to the bottom of this page Surya - Infinity 6 Votes - Average Rating: 8.336 Votes - Average Rating: 8.336 Votes - Average Rating: 8.33
Author
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Please check out my new track 'Infinity' and post your comments here!!!

OK, so this is my entry in the infinity compo organised by Soi.
I was second in line, so I had to remix his track (find it here)

Wanted to keep the original but yet do something new... So I started adding stuff... ended up very different in fact Big Grin But hey, that's the fun of it Big Grin
Intro is recognisable I guess, the main melody (the bassline) follows the melody of the filtered bassline in Soi's track... but apart from that, it's in fact a new track...
Worked hard and long on the intro, and then I realised I was running out of time... so I had to rush it a bit. Didn't have time to do all the stuff I wanted, didn't add very much variations in the drums and stuff, and not all transitions are as smooth as I'd hoped, but all in all I'm quite satisfied with thisone Smile
The bass is loud and deep (did I overdo that a bit? Not sure) and the drums are beating... Added quite some trancey sounds in fact...

Anyway, hope you like it, I might post an updated version later on, outside the "competition"...

Next in line is Emblem-X, who, I'm confident, will do a whole different take on thisone Big Grin

Reeeeeeeeeeviews Big Grin

PS: yeah, that's my voice Cool

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-06-2004 11:43 Homepage of Surya
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

whoooo Big Grin dang.. *better wake up now emblem better wake up!* rofl i'll review it later on Wink

cheerz

__

16-06-2004 13:21 Homepage of Emblem-X
S4GE S4GE is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1273.gif

Registration Date: 02-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nicey one! I didn`t think that bassline is overrived, it cause lovely quake in my room Smile ) Good work, maybe little too empty arrange for me - but it`s me Wink
Interesting intro.

__
-= still alive! =-

16-06-2004 14:35
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

euh? where's the original gone? Tongue

the intro is a bit long maybe, but once it drops Rinse

the leads u use between the first and second drop could maybe use some more variation, after that they get much better with fading in&out.

and as u said urself, the transations could have been worked out a bit more.

BUT, a VERY nice job for doing it in only one week Bigup

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
17-06-2004 19:27 Homepage of djfreemc
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

For those with downloadprobz: click here if the other link didn't work

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

17-06-2004 20:33 Homepage of Surya
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

time to write this review Big Grin

been working on my version a bit allready, but I'mma keep that top scret till next thursday/friday Wink

to be honest i liked soi's version better.. it's not bad, but it misses that one thing that makes it boom imo..

breakz are not bad; but not really my style
melodies.. myeah to trancy for my likes.. i'mma use those and give them my own twist Pleased

cheerz

__

18-06-2004 17:09 Homepage of Emblem-X
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I guess I should TRY reviewing this thing, huh?

It has spooky, but nice start... adding to the atmosphere quite a bit. I wonder where those basses came from, they sound perfectly excellent! Bigup

It takes a while to start, but it's ok... I can wait. Nice thing with the start you've done -> you put a sample of the rythm and then stop it...

The drop works, but not amaizing, really.
Nice break. The drums are ok, the snare is snap-and-suspense excellent... atleast for this tune.

And the break goes... and it goes... and it goes... it becomes boring, and I can see that you've added some efects to it to kill the borringness... still boring, though.

The storyline of the choon is ok. It is a nice tune though.

Overall grade: 4/5 or maybe 7,5/10 but you got 4 from me! Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
18-06-2004 19:13 Homepage of Muad'Dib
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

intro is nice, i guess you should reduce bass of first kick in 100hz spectrum.. i think it's too resonant, nice snare, but again i think you should pump up other sounds a bit, lower sub and you will have louder mix maybe add some sounds becouse the track is little bit stereotype. now break came in, hmm i hear some synths but i guess they are heavily reverbed .. equalise in about 4-8khz so it will be less muddy. Overall track has a lot potential but could be done better, the beats are the strongest part i think.. just equalise and mix it little bit better..

sorry for honesty but hope it will help..

__

21-06-2004 12:57
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Will help for sure. Still planning on making a "final" verision of thisone!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-06-2004 15:01 Homepage of Surya
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

images/avatars/avatar-291.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Finally I arrived to write down a review too.
First of all the trancy influences are superb in giving the track a specific atmosphere, really fits well according me.
The intro has a good balance (composition wise) between the bass + beats and the atmospheric synth coming in. I like the build up that comes in twice (1'01'' and 1'30'').
But from then on (1'40'') the beats get to monotonous. Maybe try to get a fairly different counterbeat letting it come in after every three loops.
I don't think the bass is too loud (although didn't paid much attention to that and I can't put the volume loud enough at this hour (sleepers in the house) to check it out right now).
The cutback on 3'10'' and buildup on 3'56'' are very nice (buildup is very atmospheric, mmm Cool ), I like those! But then from 4'17'' the atmospheric feeling just falls away, personally I would've kept that feeling.

Ah and nice voice!! Really nice effect you've put on your own voice (didn't expect you could get something like that out of your voice Tongue , joking! )

My conclusion: Very good thing to get on with, I hope the good things (that are already a bunch of things) are kept in the following versions! Bigup
22-06-2004 00:11
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I'm afraid you'll have to bring them back in yourself, since Emblem-X is making something quite different (very Emblem-X style I must say) (I heard a teaser Tongue )...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-06-2004 10:48 Homepage of Surya
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

haha idd.. the original is far gone now lol Big Grin

gonna be cool to see everyone's style Bigup

cheerz

__

22-06-2004 13:27 Homepage of Emblem-X
T.roll T.roll is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-422.jpg

Registration Date: 23-06-2004

Intro is very nice!
Good drum work.
Maybe a bit more variations to main melody,
some additional sounds and it will be great.
Bass is not overrided - just fine imho.

Waiting for final version and EmblemX version to check it out.
Rinse

__
Digital eye is watching you.
29-06-2004 16:40
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Glad you like it. Haven't continued work on it, but I'm gonna finish thisone further (our of competition). A week is REALLY short to do a remix (that's why Emblem-X is almost a week late Wink )

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-06-2004 17:23 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Downloads probs? Download probs? Where?? Not on my freaky site!! Big Grin Big Grin

Wow this is far off from Sois original!! I've just listened to his take a couple of times and now this one and I really don't recognize it! Big Grin Maybe if I would really listen to both side by side I would notice some similarities but I'd be hard pressed I guess!! Bigup

Yeah this really sounds like something you came up with from the beginning, a pure 100% Surya track and I really like it Bigup

Nice track overall, good production quality, solid bass. Break goes on a bit too long perhaps.

I like that synthesised wobbling tubular bells type sound in the intro, cooool!!!

Good idea to put that 'infinity' sample in, guess the next producers who are going to remix this will happily use it Big Grin

Little to say, production is really excellent. All sounds cut through, stereo balance is absolute class. Sometimes I had the feeling that some elements were a bit too much in the background but then they came right up, so it's all a part of the design.

The part after the second drop is my favourite!! Infinity... BANG!!! Dance Rinse

In total the track is a bit boring perhaps, goes on for a long time with subtle changes, but I'm sure that you will fix this in the finished version!

edit: what is going on with the kick drum in the end??? Hadn't noticed that... intentional?? sounds nice!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-07-2004 18:11 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Tnx man, glad you like it!

If you compare my intro with the original track, you should hear quite some elements that are in both versions.

I started it af like all tracks I remix: recreate all elements of the original, start adding things, looking for different ways to use the original elements... So in that perspective it is a remix. But it's true: the main track has little to do with the original, but it grew from it.

About those kicks in the outtro: they are in the intro too, and they are intentional Wink

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-07-2004 12:54 Homepage of Surya
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Bump Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-07-2004 15:36 Homepage of Surya
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

dope dope dope dope dope super freaking mofo dope...when i first listen i didnt think much of it...but then it kind of really got interesting...i loved the bass, shit too much, YEA RIGHT!...the bass was sick...reminded me a lot of the bass on the (brun my skin track) love that kind of bass...also loved the smalls vocals you did...cand otu say DOPE...and the trance influences were so tight...dude...this better be a damn track of the mnth...cause if its not im gonna raise some HELL! Bigup Bigup Bigup

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

22-07-2004 21:12
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

It was in the Track of the month poll, but it ended 4th (out of 5)

Glad you like it that much!!! Tnx a lot!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-07-2004 23:24 Homepage of Surya
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

yea im deffinitely ripping this and using it at one of my live shows(if you dont mind)!

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

23-07-2004 19:29
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Surya - Infinity