drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Synq vs. Technics?
Go to the bottom of this page Synq vs. Technics?
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

What's you're opinion about the Synq decks?

Synq vs. Technics?

__

13-06-2004 18:38 Homepage of 32skins
32skins 32skins is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

(that's : your) Tongue

__

13-06-2004 18:39 Homepage of 32skins
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Never even heard of 'm... Not a DJ anyway Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-06-2004 20:21 Homepage of Surya
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Synq is design & production by JBsystems, need I say more? I'd say go for Technics if u can afford it, otherwise try Gemini.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
13-06-2004 21:46 Homepage of djfreemc
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ogh i didn't knew that thought it was a new brand, But i've read some nice reviews of it. Confused
And also that lot's of brands use the same desck only with an other design(like stanton,..)

__

13-06-2004 22:05 Homepage of 32skins
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Well, technics direct drive engines have a unique design that is protected by patents and stuff. That is why technics are known to be the most durable. All other brands use an other type of engine. There are differences tough. I found an article on this a while ago but don't remember where, I'll try to look it up.
Also vestax has a totally different engine that works on AC drive, and should tecnically be more rugged. But this also hasn't been field-proven.

So that is probably what u were told. Also tone arm systems can differ a lot, just take a real close look at them (especially the tonearm base) & you'll see the difference.

So in general, Technics have been around for the longest time & have had the chance to prove themselves, and gemini have build the rep that they come rather close. JBsystems has as u probably know a terrible reputation, so that reflects on the synq. It hasn't been around long enough to prove if it is durable or not.

edit: here's the link: http://home.zonnet.nl/r.dooyeweerd/Oem.htm (it's in dutch)

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 13-06-2004 22:41.

13-06-2004 22:17 Homepage of djfreemc
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ok thanks mate

cheers

__

14-06-2004 18:07 Homepage of 32skins
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

From what I know/heard - the whole electronics in a technics is analog straight connection from needle to output - no amplifiers or noting on-board.

On a Synq it has - which has the verrrrrry annoying effect for dj's that when they turn the on/off switch that the sound is also killed completely, while on a technics - the sound plays when the plate is still turning even if the motor/deck is not powered.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 14-06-2004 18:50.

14-06-2004 18:49 Homepage of KoFFiE
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

That is on most decks, has nothing to do with electronics because all electronics need a power supply. On most decks, and also technicx the outputs from the cell are connected directly to the deck outputs. Don't know how it is done on the synqs.
If you read the article I linked u will see there are some nice techy tricks to allow perfect platter control.
Have a bit of doubt on the they're all the same story though. Would like to see a few of those models (like the synq, stanton and another one) opened up next to eachother & take a good look @ them.

__
14-06-2004 20:24 Homepage of djfreemc
Whizz
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 07-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

The big difference between technics and all the other turntables is that technics uses magnets to turn the platter. Circular mounted magnets make the platter spin, which also gives it a very stable spin. This system is indeed patented. All other brands use a direct motor connected to the platter, which makes it possible for them to have better start up times, but they will never have the feel and stability you get from a 1200/1210.

Technics for president is what I say Bigup

__

15-06-2004 00:50 Homepage of Whizz
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Went to the store to check out those synqs yesterday, must say they are very nice. The tonearm & suspension are a technics copy, so nothing wrong with that. They have all the advanced functions u find on a vestax pdx 2000 (10/20/50 % pitch ranges, adjustable start & stop times). The platter speed is fully electronically controlled, so the spin is also very stable even without the technics magnet system. It responds extremely fast to anything u do with it. The pitch fader is smooth, but tight enough to let u set it exactly. I've only tested it briefly but the ting about no sound when it is turned of seems to be true. Reason: there's a preamp built-in so u can also hook it up to a standard line-in. U don't need that anyway, u can adjust the stop time long enough.

Done some research on it, and several people who i think know what they are talking about agree that it could last about as long as a Technics. And all of that at an unbeatable price, think i'm gonna by me one of those babies.

p.s.: yeah, after trying them I'm a fan Big Grin

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 19-06-2004 13:21.

19-06-2004 10:28 Homepage of djfreemc
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

is the conclusion
Synq is almost as good as Technics?

(synq doesn't have a dust cap)

__

19-06-2004 11:20 Homepage of 32skins
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Only time will tell, but for now I think they are good competition with Technics, yess. They don't have a dustcap indeed, that is a little minus.

__
19-06-2004 12:44 Homepage of djfreemc
Eskil Eskil is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 25-11-2003

if you want a dustcap for them, buy a dustcap from a numark tt1/2, they fit perfect on the synq's...

all of these OEM tt's(SYNQ-xtrm1, Akiyama dj-4000 acura, American Audio HTD 4.5, stanton st-150, Reloop RP-6000 MK5,...) are build by one and the same manufacterer, stanton only modified the design and added a key-control function and a digital output...
20-06-2004 04:32
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks for the tip Bigup

__

22-06-2004 20:24 Homepage of 32skins
Eskil Eskil is a male
Producer

no problem

so as i mentioned al the OEM turntables are build and designed by one and the same manufacturer, so the fact that synq is production and design by jb-sytems is bullshit, but it is true that Synq is a sister-company from jb-systems but synq only "moves boxxes" with there name one it...
27-06-2004 19:30
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Yep, indeed, sorry for that mistake. I have one of them OEM's standing here right now (synq). And I must say whoever designed them damn sure knew what he/she was doing. The tonearm is as said before nearly a technics copy. The drive system is based on a permanent magnet fixed to the platter, so no wearing parts in the engine except for the bearings. Furthermore the platter speed is constantly checked & controlled by an optical system. It has a heavy topplate & rubber base, makes it quiet shock resistant. The topplate goes to the middle, so the chances of liquids getting inside are minimized. The myth about sound shutting down when the power goes off, is also crap, if u use the phono out it works just like any other TT. And then there are the
details: rubber rings around all buttons and knobs (improving liquid & dust resistance), the target light slightly fading when u cut the power instead of just killing, the power-knob protection against accidentally turning the TT off, ...

A very nice turntable!

Owh: can you buy a TT1 dustcap just like that, or do you need special connections for that?

__

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 28-06-2004 09:03.

27-06-2004 22:27 Homepage of djfreemc
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

And what does it cost?

Can you compare it to a technics spinwise?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
30-06-2004 13:40 Homepage of thechronic
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

official price is 409¤, but @ piens u can get it for 340. If u buy it @ your local (JBsys) dealer & happen to "mention" the piens price, you will probably get a nice discount Wink .

For spinning there are 2 differences u will mainly notice.
First: the higher torque (4,5kg) makes it correct extremely fast. If u like this or not is a personal matter, but I do like it. U can speed it up or down just as easily as with a technics, but it will be back to its original speed faster. Takes a bit of getting used to.
Second is the pitch slider. A lot of people have a lot of spinning routine with a Technics, and will need to adapt to this with any other turntable, but again I don't think that should be much of a problem after a bit of getting used to it.

Just go try it & see how it feels to u.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 30-06-2004 15:53.

30-06-2004 15:52 Homepage of djfreemc
Eskil Eskil is a male
Producer

don't trust Piens and prices, they set the catalogue price very high(always the starting price when the product first came out) and that's ¤512, and then they set a very low average price on their website like ¤338.51 for the synq-xtrm1 but that is BTW-EXCLUSIVE so afteral you still got to pay ¤409 when you include the BTW

At the keymusic-webshop(www.musicmakerpricebreaker.com) they changed their price for the synq-xtrm1 massive, i think they selled it for ¤400+ 2 weeks ago and now they ask like ¤350 or something like that... ordered my synq's 2 weeks to early i gues Cry ...

but they are worth it

about the tt1 dustcap:
i don't know, i just know they fit on them perfectly cus i read it somewhere on the internet(i think i read it @ www.aboutdj.tk where you have a nice review about all the OEM superturntables), but i think you can order them somewhere...
06-07-2004 03:04
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Synq vs. Technics?