drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Monkey Nut1 - The Imitators
Go to the bottom of this page Monkey Nut1 - The Imitators
Author
Destiny

images/avatars/avatar-3104.jpg

Registration Date: 04-04-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'The Imitators' and post your comments here!

Hello everyone... Well here's a rough preview of my third track, titled "The Imitators". I have gone down that dark alley again with this one, I always seem to go down that alley? Maybe track 4 will be a little lighter. who knows? As always, all comments and reviews most welcome. Thanks everyone, hope yu like it?
25-06-2010 00:17
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

intro is good, builds tension, but id maybe use some slight delay fx on the vocal samples, i think that would help them blend a little, only subtle delay though. The vox seem a little loud as well. There are some good synth reece sounds stabbing in and out, after 2 minutes 30 seconds, the pads get a little tiring, i recognize the synths in the main drop, producerloops come to mind, hehe, ive used em in a dubstep tune at some point. Id introduce the drop a little sooner. Not bad, but still needs some work.

My track Reciprocate on my soundcloud uses the same sample, came from BHK3 Dubstep I believe Wink

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
27-06-2010 05:38 Homepage of goonybag
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Drums are compressed to much, the seem to hit the ceiling all the time. Love the atmosphere and the vocal fits, but it's crackling (too loud). Tune doesn't have a real drop, unless 3:00 IS the drop (which is pretty ok).
Drums are really fucked up in the drop. You seem to have forced some stereo onto them which sounds a bit weird (and the compression problem still is there). Tune has huge potential, but you need to work on the drums, fix compression, give them some more low end (they sound almost like toy drums now), fix the stereo on them. The hihats in the intro are pretty loud too.
You do show with this tune that you do know how to make a tune and build tension. All you need to do is go down the long, bumpy and muddy road of improving the technical quality of your productions som more.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-06-2010 14:49 Homepage of BattleDrone
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

good intro but the drop doesnt seem to deliver after such a good buildup.think it needs a few more ideas and the drum sound working on a bit. some cool samples used tho

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
28-06-2010 03:40 Homepage of bm84
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Beautiful intro.

Nice big sound on the drums. I like the basses too.

Cool horror-vibe on this.

3:02 - Nice variation, but you could work some on that melody or maybe have a complimentary one on top of it.

Nice one!

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
29-06-2010 17:34 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Shinjuku_Night Shinjuku_Night is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3134.jpg

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

helloh there,

dark and atmospheric

i like this track, this track are build very good, i like many things, the intro was good and dark
the drums are good choice for this dark atmo track
the dark pads and synth sound are in place, all instruments in this are all in a good place, the vocals are okay and it sound ok, its good for this,
the hihats at the beginning was good and the other sounds, yeah good track, i like it, hope you will made new dark track, 5/5

have fun
29-06-2010 21:04
Monkey Nut1
Destiny

images/avatars/avatar-3104.jpg

Registration Date: 04-04-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hi people... Well thanks to you who have left comments and reviewed my third track. I was quite pleased with your feedback. This track is in the very early stages as i said, so maybe when and if i finish it, they might be that bit better. Oh well, track number 4 on it's way soon hopefully? Peace D&B' ers...
30-06-2010 17:41
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

the intro is nice mate know what battle is sayin bout the stereo forced on the drums something that could be fixed though vocal works really well bass is cool sub could do with beefin up a touch not bad for a 3rd tune

__
buy the ticket take the ride
04-07-2010 09:45
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Monkey Nut1 - The Imitators