Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Liquids
Also the white noise is much whiter in fl studio

Was just about to say that. You stole the words out of my fingers.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
28-06-2010 03:21 Homepage of Muad'Dib
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

But only if you buy the XXL-edition, the producer edition sounds really bad.

If possible get the cracked version by PARC because the crackers fixed a lot of bugs in the FL audio engine.

It's only normal, a program which is this user friendly can't possibly sound as good as a tool which is so difficult that it takes you 50 pages of manual to produce a single bleep. And what to think of a program that gives you lifetime free updates if you buy it? Right, it CAN only be because it is crap.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
28-06-2010 13:18 Homepage of BattleDrone
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

i finally understood that it's not the daw's audio engine that gives this illusive impresion that the final product sounds better or worse than in other daws, but it's actually the way of the daw and the tools it offers me and how i use them. par example i took reaper for a ride to see what it can and cannot do and also got some good free vsts.
where i am trying to get is that in R4 i don't have an exciter to bright up different samples that i'm using so i use a bit of distortion and eq, but in reaper i have an exciter and i use it quite a lot. so when i returned today to the projects i had in reason after 3 days with reaper i found my drums sound muffled and not so bright as they were in reaper, altough processing has been applied in R4 too, which in an instant made me think 'reaper has better sound engine'. false, it was the tools that i used that gave me this false impression that one daw sounds better than other.
now i'm thinkin that many had this impression when switching from one daw to another, from one set of audio tools to another so they blamed the audio engine
30-06-2010 20:26
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

An exiter is a compressor and a distortion unit, so I guess you can find some of those templates for Reason that does just that.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
01-07-2010 15:42 Homepage of BattleDrone
Isturite

Registration Date: 20-10-2010

definatley not the DAW, but how it's used...

on the other hand though, Reason just sounds thick and doesn't take as much work on a mixdown as other programs do... again though, I think this is because of the devices not the DAW... subtractor just sounds like a beast

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Isturite: 20-10-2010 20:22.

20-10-2010 20:18
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » best DAW for sound quality