drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » what were you doin back in the days?
Go to the bottom of this page what were you doin back in the days?
Author
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

ok since we're tryin to form a community here, let's get to know us better.
so what were you doin back in the days before getting into dnb and producing?

as a child i remember i was listening to back street boys, and tryin to get some breakbeat moves without crackin my skull. then for a couple of years i was a house addict and by this time i learned to dj. then i began to produce trip hop or some kind of melodic hip hop in fl studio. now when i listen to those tracks i realize that i was far more productive and melodic without knowing all this musical base and not wasting my mind with all these gimlics which makes a tune sound good. finally i got into the dnb scene because of a friend and i produced my first shitty track out of reason factory loops to impress him. but i didn't :d .
so what's your story?
22-06-2010 17:53
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

well it all started with britney spears to me as a 7 year old, acctually it was because i thought she was hot lol...
after that my sister influenced me with rock and stuff like that
and i begon to listen to more hiphop.
after a while it was all hiphop for me.
my mate showed me fl studio, i didnt even know where to place the fking snares ROFL.
I started to rap with 3 mates we sucked big time...
than the summer holiday hit, i watched tons of tuts for fl, and became better in making beats.
suddenly i heard a break (the amen) and was like dude thats sick!
i started searching for dnb on youtube, first i found liquid, i hated it cuz i wanted hard shit lolTongue
i found spor - stombox remix, it was my first eargasmBig Grin
i searched more dnb, found noisia, totally loved those guys.
and i started liking liquid too.
after this i found dubstep, this genre just fucks my head up, it feels good when i listen to it lol, like good neurofunk its like some sort of a drug to me.
but i started making dnb when i first ehard stompbox, i posted my first tune on here somewhere heheTongue
but i got better, still learning alot, every tune i hear that i grow in my musical abilities (how ever you spell this impossible word) and my dream is to get a tune into a club, i just wanna add something to the scene.
I also wanna learn to DJ, guess its awesome playing infront of a 100+ crowd, imagine when your big with 1000+ people dancing on your shit, and dj skills (must be the biggest fking rush there is)

so thats my story lolSmile

__

The One - Age Break
23-06-2010 01:56
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

A 10-year-old kid is playing Fifa Street 2 on Playstation (which is about a hundred times better than XBox, btw).
There is some Pendulum on the soundtrack of the game. The little kid gets interested in that group and tries to find out what it is all about..
And now, 5 years later, here I am.

Yeah I know, sounds really lame, but I just can't write a better story now, it's 4:30 am. Frown

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
27-06-2010 03:33 Homepage of Puzzle
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Pantera, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Slayer, Metallica (before the Black Album), Sepultura

Then I went to see The Chemical Brothers in 2000. For the first time took some drugs. From that day became obsessed with electronic music. The next day a friend showed me his Roland MC505, the day after that I purchased one, this was followed by years of purchasing hardware and making really obscure and twisted electronica with hardware only, used to play out a fair bit at underground events. Then computers got good, really good, and I found this site. I started to make a little dnb, mostly shit, and liked a lot of the good stuff on here. I dont really know many dnb producers, I have a little like Pendulum, Subfocus, Moving Shaddow compilations and a couple of others. I mainly do dubstep and chilled Electro Hip Hop type stuff, either way, I check this site daily as I like to hear what the producers that are not signed are up to. To me, this is where it is.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
27-06-2010 05:51 Homepage of goonybag
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

[quote]Originally posted by KILLER_FAN
ok since we're tryin to form a community here, let's get to know us better.

What are u a fxckin copper lol only jokin started listenin to prodigy when I was 7/8 thanks to me bro 14 years later here I am picked up a copy of fl bout 2years ago startin using reason this Christmas never looked back

__
buy the ticket take the ride
27-06-2010 20:49
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzle
A 10-year-old kid is playing Fifa Street 2 on Playstation (which is about a hundred times better than XBox, btw).
There is some Pendulum on the soundtrack of the game. The little kid gets interested in that group and tries to find out what it is all about..

Yeah I know, sounds really lame, but I just can't write a better story now, it's 4:30 am. Frown

(PC owns every game console, fking hate those controllers rofl)

__

The One - Age Break
02-07-2010 03:22
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Age Break
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzle

(PC owns every game console, fking hate those controllers rofl)

Have to agree.

I was programming in QBASIC, then Pascal, then C++ and finally, C# + .Net.
I was playing games, lots of them (Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Fallout2, Starcraft, Half-Life, Red Alert etc.), and was writing some beginner sci-fi.

A friend bought a CD while we were on an excursion, and it was "Touching Down" by Roni Size. Got interested in that music, picked up a cracked copy of FL (ver. 4!!) and started creating some really weird shit (mostly techno-style, Orbital-like and some shitty dnb).

And here I am today: http://soundcloud.com/anomalianativa/andrejnalin-kade

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
02-07-2010 03:30 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » what were you doin back in the days?