drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » can't get rid of a noise...
Go to the bottom of this page can't get rid of a noise...
Author

Registration Date: 03-06-2010

hey all,

i'm having an issue getting rid of a clicky sound i get on the release of my notes. it sounds like something's clipping for a second. i'm in reason 4, ran my bass patch through the audio ins of a thor instance and through a couple filters - im pretty sure that's whats causing it. it doesnt look like its clipping on any of the devices. any help would be much appreciated.
14-06-2010 04:11
3rr0rc0d3 3rr0rc0d3 is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3112.gif

Registration Date: 08-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Have you tried giving the bass patch a slightly increased attack?
A few ms can be enough to produce that click at the start of each note.

__
Cheers,
/error

SoundCloud
14-06-2010 09:40 Homepage of 3rr0rc0d3
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

To fix this you need to find out exactly where in the chain the clicking appears. If it happens right on the moment the note is released it is probably in the synth itself. But the filters you use might exaggerate it.

Try bypassing all your effects and filters and listen if the problem is still there, then turn them back on one by one until you find the one that causes the clicking. If you think it is clipping you can probably fix it by turning down the input gain on that particular plugin.

Some synths can actually generate clicks or noise on note release as part of their design, or even trigger samples / envelopes / oscillators at note release. This is intended to simulate the noises that occur when releasing notes on organs, flutes, saxes, ... Check your synth if it does anything on note release.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-06-2010 09:50 Homepage of thechronic
eventhorizon2

Registration Date: 03-06-2010

found the issue - the click was the sound cutting off sharply in the thor instance because i had the release at 0. i increased the release on the envelope by a bit and it went away. more or less exactly what error described but at the end rather than the beginning. thanks for your help!
14-06-2010 20:49
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » can't get rid of a noise...