drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JamieWard - The Way Of The Future
Go to the bottom of this page JamieWard - The Way Of The Future
Author
DJ INDUSTRY

Registration Date: 26-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'The Way Of The Future' and post your comments here!

This is the closest track I have to being finished, although its still a long way off being EQ'ed and mastered sound wise.

Its just to get an idea for the groove of the track.

Built from my own sounds and some from a sample pack.

All constructive feedback is very much welcomed.

__

13-06-2010 21:21 Homepage of JamieWard
iLL-tEcH2010

Registration Date: 06-06-2010

great track ,very original ,great production,BIG UP!!!! !
13-06-2010 21:33
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Cool intro, I like your sounds. Very robot-y.

There's too little bass in this though and a bit much small-room-reverb. Maybe try turning down the highs and up the lows?

You got some great sounds in this and it's original, but it needs more power. I thinks some of the tracks with the samples have too much bass in them muffling the lows.

With some tweaking this will be killer.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
14-06-2010 18:33 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Akada
unregistered
Ha ha interesting intro great sounds going on here. Like the drop man tho think it needs to go on a bit longer before the second break. I like when all the bass and beats come together 1.56 some interseting variations going on would like to get to that bit earlier in the buld up. Kick drum neads more power. Has a really good atmosphere with the sounds u got going on really like that, will sound mad once mastered Happy
16-06-2010 00:46
HighVibe
Sponsor

Registration Date: 19-06-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nod Nod Nod, tap tap tap! Only recently been getting into this style. Some really good vibes on this site at this tempo. Heavy bassline, almost and 80's synth going in there?? What set up did you use to make this??? Would love to get hold of some samples to have a go at this style. Only ever tried D&B and higher tempo breaks. Nice work Jamie
19-06-2010 01:36
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Mix sounds muffled (250Hz-800Hz area is too loud).
Bell sounds have too much reverb.
I like your ideas and the somewhat weird structure which gives it some freshness. Snare is on the light side. It needs more "oomph" (low end punch). Layer on the attack bit of a tom drum for more punch.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-06-2010 20:32 Homepage of BattleDrone
JamieWard JamieWard is a male
DJ INDUSTRY

Helpfulness rating: 

@battledrone

Thanks for your constructive reply, exactly what I was after.

To be honest, I rushed this tune I got lazy with keeping everything tidy and mixed down in the DAW and ive been putting off going in and tidying up each sample, I was just messing around with grooves and atmosphere.

Plus I can only build my tracks on my studio headphones so any help with frequency clashes on proper speakers is a big help at the moment.

Weird (fresh) structures are definitly what im hoping for so cheers for the nod.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JamieWard: 19-06-2010 22:23.

19-06-2010 22:22 Homepage of JamieWard
DJ INDUSTRY

Helpfulness rating: 

@High Vibe

Thanks for the kind words matey.

Im only using FL Studio9, good quality samples, an average knowledge on what im doing, and a pair of headfones, and not much else.

I get samples from Loopmasters, sign up and you get loads of free samples all decent quality. I just process them, chop some up, move them all around a bit to find a groove, make a few samples, and find my own weird noises and i try to find original vocal samples. (that was taken from a recent Steven Hawking documentary on discovery channel with alot of processing)

__

19-06-2010 22:29 Homepage of JamieWard
DJ INDUSTRY

Helpfulness rating: 

@Dubrain Hertz

Thanks mate, appreciate your reply.

Im building up the energy to start the tweaking and sound EQing so I will get that done and post the newer version.

__

19-06-2010 22:31 Homepage of JamieWard
DJ INDUSTRY

Helpfulness rating: 

@waw waw

Thanks for the reply, always appreciated.

I agree about the length of certain drops and areas of the track, I havnt finalised the mapping out yet, after sorting out the final sound quality I tend to mix it on my serato's to a proper track and the build structure around it, so there will definitly be a longer version on the way.

__

19-06-2010 22:34 Homepage of JamieWard
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JamieWard - The Way Of The Future