drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dj-Lowprofile - China Dub Step Remake
Go to the bottom of this page Dj-Lowprofile - China Dub Step Remake
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'China Dub Step Remake' and post your comments here!

This is a remix I did of my song China - Enjoy!
08-06-2010 20:36
den_bert
unregistered
Nice eastern vibe, I would say your bass that comes in at about 1.29 is waaay too airy, It just sounds like some white noise with a filter to me. Dont know if this is what you intented but I personally dont like it. Break is very nice. Needs some more work, but has potential Smile .
08-06-2010 22:34
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

nice perscussive elements and a great eastern feel. I think there are some pipe type sounds being used that are a little too loud. Defo a bit different for a dubstep track, big ups for that eh. I think for what it is, its hit the mark, bigtime. This track would be well suited to some eastern art house film, overall has a fantastic feel, the use of traditional samples, mixed with some tasty bass, is a fresh approach and I respect that. Well done!

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
09-06-2010 12:33 Homepage of goonybag
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

haha 3 stars? you kidding me? this track is way better than that. I notice someone has had a vote but left no review. I think that has been going on a bit around here, plenty of good tracks getting low ratings and plenty of very average tracks getting high ratings. Makes me laugh, for what its worth mate, your track is a 4 to 4.5 for my tastes for originality and some good production/seperation of sounds.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
10-06-2010 00:05 Homepage of goonybag
NGW

images/avatars/avatar-3125.jpg

Registration Date: 10-06-2010

I really liked this track. The drums in the intro sound really big and atmospheric, nicely spread out as well. Some interesting percussion in there too, not really sure what instruments they are but they fit well with the oriental mood. The bass that comes in at 0:44 works really well, doesn't over power the other instruments. Don't wanna know where you sampled the vocal at 00:46 though :p. The bass at 01:22 almost shook the headphones off my head, i wasn't expecting that! My favourite part of the whole track is when the drums and the bass cut out at 02:17 and there is a that wicked sample, I don't know what instrument that is but it sounds spot on.

Really good track, definitely gonna try and find the original on here and give that a listen.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NGW: 10-06-2010 08:19.

10-06-2010 08:18
thezich

Registration Date: 10-06-2010

Your track has real wow factor. That Chinese sounding instrument (damnit i'm chinese i should know it's name) sounds really great on your track. And I think you have a Sape on it too which is not Chinese but I could be mistaken. Awesome. And your bass drop made me have a mindgasm haha seriously. I like the tone of your bass. You should set it to wobble in some places, you don't have to overdo it, but it does sound good the way it is. I think in some places the kick drum is louder and then is less prominent when the bass is in. This shows there could be a problem with your eq, your leveling or maybe you should automate your kick level so it sounds more even. I really like it, I think it's awesome you've combined traditional music with sick ass bass. Keep working on stuff like this
10-06-2010 20:23
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dj-Lowprofile - China Dub Step Remake