drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » philbee - Scrunchface
Go to the bottom of this page philbee - Scrunchface
Author
Future beats for the streets

images/avatars/avatar-2742.jpg

Registration Date: 18-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Scrunchface' and post your comments here!

Ez People,my 1st upload for a while,been busy with the label and having a new baby..Smile anyway new track ScrunchFace trying to get that old dirty 90's vibe rolling on this one,feel free to rate or slate PEACE

__
Philbee Soundcloud
07-06-2010 23:09 Homepage of philbee
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Sounds good!
Could use a little more elements and a bit of variation to keep away the repetitiveness but I say that about all your tracks LOL.
Midown could be a tad louder imo.
Love that dark'n dirty 90's era.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
08-06-2010 10:44 Homepage of BattleDrone
philbee philbee is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers drone,yeah I'm working on switching it up a little bit atm,and the mixdown has been difficult on this one, used quite a heavy limiter on it to try and expand it a bit but I've been struggling to get it louder Smile cheers for the feedback

__
Philbee Soundcloud
08-06-2010 11:00 Homepage of philbee
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

mid range sounds in the intro seem to overpower other freqs and mud things up a little. It seems that a compressor might be working a bit too hard as well, I can hear the hats and rides sucking back a little when that big bass hits (does not sound like sidechain, just over compressed then limited).

The mix needs a little work to get seperation happening, everything is bleeding into each other a little.

Does sound like a bit of a 90s track, overall not my thing, not bad.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
08-06-2010 11:16 Homepage of goonybag
Anarky Anarky is a male
myspace.com/ anarkyproductions

Registration Date: 02-08-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 2.50

ye man hevvy drop! likin the bass-not into the hoover sound-but thatis a matter of taste.For a minimalistic tune rekon u cud bring all the elements out a bit more-another matter of taste but cus the b-line is minimalist i wud like to hear sum fast rollin hats/percussion in the beat-also mayb u cud add sum fx 2 keep it more intrestin!! like u say goin 4 a dark dirty 90's vibe n u defintly got that goin on mate,nice tune

__
Spliff
10-06-2010 08:35 Homepage of Anarky
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

feelin that 1 phill, sounds like they style s.p.y is on at the mo......

could be onto a roller here!

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

10-06-2010 15:07 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Listening on some crap speakers (don't have anything else atm Frown ), but this sounds really really good anyway, loving the vibes. My only crit is that the intro ride cymbal pattern sounds really robotic.

Nice one overall! Rinse

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
10-06-2010 16:13 Homepage of Puzzle
philbee philbee is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers for the feeds @cultureboy that's a massive compliment man saying it's got a spy vibe ,really feeling his things atm, I've finally bounced it down and gonna attempt a proper mixdown in logic so hopefully I'll get some separation in the tracks,@puzzle I agree man, I need to get the hihat line compressed and add afew more elements in there aswell Wink

__
Philbee Soundcloud
10-06-2010 17:39 Homepage of philbee
thezich

Registration Date: 10-06-2010

I think your production skills are very good the sounds are very well separated and I can hear everything quite clearly, not much problems with that and I'm probably not the best person to talk with about frequencies etc I still can tell when a track has been separated well. But one thing is I find this style a bit repetitive and it drags quite a bit, even though you have lots of breaks. Perhaps that's just more of a personal bias, but another thing is i feel your track lacks character. It doesn't really attract my attention and it's not really memorable in that way. It's a fine tune and you produced it well but I just didn't really find it anything groundbreaking. You took what's already known but you did it well so kudos for that.
10-06-2010 19:58
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » philbee - Scrunchface