drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » additive - Finding Time
Go to the bottom of this page additive - Finding Time
Author
DROP IT!

images/avatars/avatar-2973.png

Registration Date: 09-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Finding Time' and post your comments here!

Hi again. Here is the first cut of "Finding Time". It's obviously not finished yet. Just after some feedback and suggestions prior to completion.

Things to do:
- vox samples to be added
- screams to be added
- tick/tock (finding it difficult to find a nice clock sample for the intro)
- slight drum variations (which are causing so difficulty as they seem to continuously interrupt the groove)
- mastering.

__
http://www.additivemusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/additive-music/497601575363?ref=ts
07-06-2010 07:14 Homepage of additive
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Beef up the drums for the drop, make them smack the listener in the face. The kik is a little weak for the main parts of the track, and the snare could use a layer. Maybe even strip the track back at points, utilise that nice sub bass and layer up some heavy riifs as there seems to be a fair bit going on throughout.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
07-06-2010 13:43 Homepage of goonybag
additive additive is a male
DROP IT!

images/avatars/avatar-2973.png

Registration Date: 09-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by goonybag
Beef up the drums for the drop, make them smack the listener in the face. The kik is a little weak for the main parts of the track, and the snare could use a layer. Maybe even strip the track back at points, utilise that nice sub bass and layer up some heavy riifs as there seems to be a fair bit going on throughout.

thanks goonybag. the weak drums are a mastering issue. I haven't spent any time on the mastering just yet - just a limiter... without, the are quite forefront throughout, so i'm not too fussed about that.

I do like your idea to strip the track back.. I'm undecided though whether I want to extend it to strip it back, or strip back some of the parts that tend to drag on... unsure.

__
http://www.additivemusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/additive-music/497601575363?ref=ts
07-06-2010 13:58 Homepage of additive
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

intro reminded me a bit of q projects too little too late in a way this sounds like something that would come out on cia or advanced liking the vibe would like to hear finished product nice

__
buy the ticket take the ride
07-06-2010 17:06
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I love the asian sounds around 0:25 or something.
Your kick drum has a kind of "thud" to it, that I personally don't like or maybe it just needs some more EQing.
Again a darker song but I love it.
Reminds me a bit of Cold Turkey VIP (the asian sounds. not the reese sound)

__

07-06-2010 18:22
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

love that bass that comes in about 20 secs and i like the rythm change about 1.12. wasnt a huge fan of the drop to be honest but thats down to tastes, just not into the high synths so much. it all sounds nicely mixed and smooth

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
07-06-2010 19:42 Homepage of bm84
abstract 8 abstract 8 is a male

Registration Date: 10-06-2010

nice sinth bass i like it ... do something wit tha drums change it a little some times in the first part of the song , second part is intresting to ,, good job keep it up
11-06-2010 00:58 Homepage of abstract 8
HighVibe
Sponsor

Registration Date: 19-06-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

As i expect from listening to your other tunes on here its sets out its intentions from the start. Love what you do with your bass sounds. New today so been listening to loads and this is defintley up there. Can you tell me what you use to write your tracks as i've got to spend some cash to upgrade my set up. Vocal would defintely add some value on this. Not sure on the tick tock sample but will keep my ears open for something to send your way. Great listen, hope to have the tools to improve my game very soon. Thanks
19-06-2010 01:51
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » additive - Finding Time