drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Scurf - The Streets
Go to the bottom of this page Scurf - The Streets
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'The Streets' and post your comments here!

Been long time since I`ve put something on the site, but i really need ur opinion on this one...
06-06-2010 13:46
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Nice intro, not really feeling the drums sounds, but that's just a matter of taste i guess.

1:00 - is this going somewhere? It feels a bit lost here, or maybe I'm just impatient.

1:17 - Nice!

Overall i think the drums are overpowering, drowning out the bass, turn them down, I think that will do quite a lot for the track. The bass itself probably needs some work too, can't feel it, even at high volumes. Maybe try and double it? Or just turn it up.

Nice atmosphere to this.

My two cents, keep it up.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
06-06-2010 16:21 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Kik sounds a little hollow, lacks a good centered punch and the decay on the snare is a little too much, id back it off and add a layer with a little more body.
Overall the drums are too loud and take the focus away from what you have done with your bass sounds, especially that snare. From what i can hear the bass work sounds pretty good, just needs to be brought forward more to keep the track pumping.
Good ideas happening with the breakdown, id go easy on bringing it all back in again though, ease it bit by bit, to add more drama. Keep at it.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
07-06-2010 13:24 Homepage of goonybag
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

overall tracks is nice good use of sound fx imo could use a really nasty bassline to set it off

__
buy the ticket take the ride
07-06-2010 17:12
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

quote:
Originally posted by goonybag
back it off and add a layer with a little more body.

id lower the level of the snare you have, reduce the decay, and add another snare as a layer that has a little more body, more punch and midrange.

sorry mate, im australian and somethimes forget I am leaving reviews for people everywhere around the world, and us aussies can be quite hard to understand I believe.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
10-06-2010 00:00 Homepage of goonybag
Hudskov
Sponsor

Registration Date: 05-03-2010

The snare is a bit out of place i think?? Like the sounds around it. Not sure about the flow, seems a bit staggered? Thought maybe its how you want it??? What do i know eh?? Smile Very busy track, lots to take in thats for sure. Liking your work
18-06-2010 23:54
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Scurf - The Streets