drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » How to speed up the process?
Go to the bottom of this page How to speed up the process?
Author

Registration Date: 09-01-2009

Hello folks I was looking to get some tips on how to be more productive when making tunes.

I use reason rewired into ableton, used to use nuendo but changed to ableton recently. I have a novation remote 25 and just bought a novation launchpad. I have a ton of samples and loads of breaks and one shots and my problem seems to be that I have far too many of them.

I start tunes two ways, layering breaks then chopping them up to get a decent drum beat or layer single drum hits to get my drums, or a combination of both then make a bass then after that sound effects and synths.

I seem to be starting from scratch every time and spend most of my time going through loads of samples to make the tune. Then sometimes I get lost in effects and im just messing about having fun, which is all well and good but when you dont have much to show for it and then have to start the same process all over again it makes me think surely theres a quicker way, not that I dont enjoy it just id love to know how folks speed up their productions and how they approach it?

Like when I got my launchpad I thought great here we go then spent the whole day going through samples adding effects making them sound quite dark then they hardly got used where I went with it. I know its a long process and I remember reading goldie saying a tune would take him three months and I remember reading noisia would make lots of drums and basses seperately then use them when making the tune, is this the way to go? Making loads of your own drums and basses then when you have a lot making the tunes or what? any advice or tips would be much appreciated, sorry for rambling. cheers
03-06-2010 18:28
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

i tend to go on a bit of a tangent makin basslines and presets one day i to have a massive (messy) libary of breaks and one shots etc so when i go to make a track i get my beats processed first i try to mix the track down as i go along as well cutting freq hi passin low passin etc as i go i find this saves time in the long run once im happy with my beats and all layers i make my track up to the first drop so its takin u on ur journey into the choon got the the build up etc this way i find its best because then you can make a bass line that gives you the impact you want after the drop whether your going for the big bang or just nice transition into first break i tend to get lost in pads effects blah blah blah the last thing i do construction wise is my automations and edits then i leave it for day or to come back to it day or 2 later with fresh ears and do final mix down and some sort of master hope this helps

__
buy the ticket take the ride
03-06-2010 19:37
Infinite I

Registration Date: 09-01-2009

Thats a great help cheers for the response
04-06-2010 10:55
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » How to speed up the process?