drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Lofi?
Go to the bottom of this page Lofi?
Author
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I just read this: "in FL studio i find that when the entire track is finished and streamed to wav format it loses a lot of fidelity so may solution for the past 3 years is to record each instrument from the mixer to wav format and then use a seperate mixing/recording software to mix and master (eg. Audition, Cubase, Protools)"
I don't know what his idea of "a lot" is but I'm sure he aint doing it for the hell of it. Anybody else work this way? Anyone got an opinion on this?

__
OGENIC
Drummer
27-05-2010 01:27
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

It's pathetic. Where did you read it?

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
27-05-2010 01:56 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
ogenic ogenic is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Why do you think it's pathetic? Are you suggesting that FL Studio does not produce an inferior sound in the final exported wav? Because that would be an opinion. Big Grin

__
OGENIC
Drummer
27-05-2010 21:54
Tonedef Tonedef is a male
2ginger

Registration Date: 05-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.20

i used to feel the same way when i used reason, it never sounded quite right when i exported the track in wav. i began to export split tracks into nuendo/cubase for some mastering work and it really helped my production alot, i think i first tried it with the track 'beauty' which was really my first attempt at mastering about a year ago.

and yes, that is an opinion Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tonedef: 27-05-2010 22:08.

27-05-2010 22:08
Liquid Funkateer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by ogenic
Why do you think it's pathetic? Are you suggesting that FL Studio does not produce an inferior sound in the final exported wav? Because that would be an opinion. Big Grin

if it would produce an inferior sound in the final wave, so would it produce an inferior sound in the seperate waves

and second, barely anyone would be able to actually hear the difference between higher quality formats and the "average" formats. If you play a sample in fl studio and you play it in any other DAW it isn't going to sound any different.

And if you have time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ

:p

__
28-05-2010 00:30 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
ogenic ogenic is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

That vid is an hour long, if there is something on it you feel disproves the original quote, please tell me the point on the timeline. Big Grin

__
OGENIC
Drummer
28-05-2010 09:49
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

This should be easy enough to test shouldn't it? Just bounce down a few samples in fl and another daw and see if the null against each other.
28-05-2010 10:32
selig
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by selig
This should be easy enough to test shouldn't it? Just bounce down a few samples in fl and another daw and see if the null against each other.

I just tried this using reaper and fl and once the volume differences were sorted out, both files normalised, they nulled to silence.
28-05-2010 10:36
Liquid Funkateer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

I just tried this using reaper and fl and once the volume differences were sorted out, both files normalised, they nulled to silence.

Point proven. I didn't watch the entire video either, it was just pointed out as relevant by Imageline staff. It's about how people are really sure they hear a difference between two things, like, "quality", but if you'd do a blindfolded test they would never be able to tell the difference between the two, let alone the 'better one' of the two.

__
28-05-2010 12:01 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

The FL Studio 'Audio Engine' & DAW wars (copied thread)

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
28-05-2010 15:43 Homepage of Muad'Dib
ogenic ogenic is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Nice one selig, I read an article after my last post that tested most of the DAWs available(except FL lol) and believe it or not Cubase and Nuendo came out with a slight discrepancy. VERY minimal, not audible (before anyone jumps up n down lol)

__
OGENIC
Drummer
28-05-2010 17:16
selig
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by ogenic
Nice one selig, I read an article after my last post that tested most of the DAWs available(except FL lol) and believe it or not Cubase and Nuendo came out with a slight discrepancy. VERY minimal, not audible (before anyone jumps up n down lol)

Someone did something similar on the reaper forums.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=13473
30-05-2010 11:27
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Lofi?