drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » bassk - Funk Assassin
Go to the bottom of this page bassk - Funk Assassin
Author
Basso

Registration Date: 15-05-2010

Please check out my new track 'Funk Assassin' and post your comments here!

Sampled vocals are by Method Man (to my knowledge) from Radioactive(Four Assassins) by Wu Tang Clan from the album Iron Flag. Could be worked on more however my computer is not up to the challenge, getting an external soundcard asap. also need to fix the cut up vocals, i used an effect for it n it just didnt do the job well enough imo. Enjoy!

__
Drummer Check out more of my tunes at:

http://www.soundcloud.com/bassobeats/tracks
19-05-2010 00:02 Homepage of Basso
Tonedef Tonedef is a male
2ginger

Registration Date: 05-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.20

credit to you. i love it, this is exactly the stuff i like. i cant really fault it, perhaps a little too long. yeah the vocals are fine in my opinion. what did you use to make this track? great effort.
19-05-2010 00:14
Basso Basso is a male
Basso

Registration Date: 15-05-2010

man cheers heaps ay I never expected such a positive response from anyone, there are some errors but they are easily fix just little things i forgot to do along the way.

I use ableton live 8 and a bunch of vsts. bass was done with albino 3, and ableton sampler (just messed up an audio sample).

yeah it is pretty long, however i did that to encourage people to mix it from different points and use it in different ways for mixing. however the orginial track was 11:57 so i cut it down a fair bit hahaha. but yeah defeinitely for listening purposes i should make an edited shorter verson.

thanks again man had a listen to the game just before also very nice and one of my favourite styles of dnb ill keep an ear out for your stuff man

__
Drummer Check out more of my tunes at:

http://www.soundcloud.com/bassobeats/tracks
19-05-2010 00:30 Homepage of Basso
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Vocals sound good but yea som tweaking in places like u said, Its pretty long but doesnt get over repetive really imo. I like it cos its different.
19-05-2010 00:50
SteakJohnson SteakJohnson is a male
another 15 year old...

Registration Date: 17-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

its awesome, the break is great and theres so many great little transitions and build ups in there. Its also really natural and smooth sounding, great job!

__
[SJ] Black Sun Rising:

19-05-2010 02:37
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

yeh nice track fella, strong drum sound and the vocals work really well. some clever edits are used. big wu tang fan here so went down a treat. didnt make it thru the whole 8 mins tho! but like ya said, just make a listenin version

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
19-05-2010 05:03 Homepage of bm84
Monkey Nut1
Destiny

images/avatars/avatar-3104.jpg

Registration Date: 04-04-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nice track, flows along nicely with some great samples. I like the way the track builds up gradualy, does remind me of something from a very haizy past, put can't put my finger on it? Really like the way track keeps you interested with the constant choppy voacals and breaks. I must say, it's not really my cup of rosey, but in saying that, it is very well layed out and the producer obviously knows their stuff, would like to hear if this producer has made any dark step tracks, i think they would achieve this very well. I would have liked to have heard a bit more aggresion, but this is just a personal thing. I do like this track, and would love to hear it out, i reckon it would put smiles on a few faces, keep up the great work, thanks.
19-05-2010 10:41
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nice use of the think break. instantly gives it an ol skool feel, but the edits & bass bring don't make it sound dated. Love the way the vox drop in. vox sound a little off in some spots as u said. nice second drop @ ~2.30

Overall, this is dope. maybe a bit repetitive w/ the b-line & pads. Also, its very long Wink

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
20-05-2010 02:14
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » bassk - Funk Assassin