drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » freddy reeks - Tek 13
Go to the bottom of this page freddy reeks - Tek 13
Author
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Tek 13' and post your comments here!

For the time being the 2nd half of the trak is a repeat, I know the lfo on the main b line could be better, having big problems with this. Thoughts and comments would would help. Hope you enjoy.
18-05-2010 17:37
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Sounds a bit dry but it's a big improvement over your first attempts on DnB :-)
Use some more hihats and percussion on the drums to make it roll and have some more hi-end in the mix.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-05-2010 19:00 Homepage of BattleDrone
Basso Basso is a male
Basso

Registration Date: 15-05-2010

I dunno, it's ok sounds prety vintage tho and not really my style, bit "poxy" in my opinion but i don't want to offend if thats the sound u like and were going for than thats cool. i am also listening on headphones, they're sennhesiers but theyre trashed. maybe shorter snare release time? just my thoughts. also bit repetitive and empty sounding but would probli mix well for that very reason. not a hgue fan on the synth either.

__
Drummer Check out more of my tunes at:

http://www.soundcloud.com/bassobeats/tracks
18-05-2010 22:58 Homepage of Basso
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

some pretty cool ideas, cud be somethin wiv a bit more work....the drums could do with some more shuffle i reckon. feel like it needs some atmosphere to fill out the frequency spectrum a bit, maybe some pads??

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
18-05-2010 23:12 Homepage of bm84
Tonedef Tonedef is a male
2ginger

Registration Date: 05-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.20

yeah i think this is your best attempt yet mate, as the others have said it needs some hi hats, maybe some shakers to give your drums some roll, like the b lines tho, very deep. i can hear some percussion just about as well, bring it out a bit more, it sounds good. i think its got a fair bit of potential, well done keep working on it
19-05-2010 00:06
Basso Basso is a male
Basso

Registration Date: 15-05-2010

nicely done man loving those dark basses drums are also nice maybe a little more compression? and less reverb? all depends what sound you're going for though. also eqing out the high mids a bit on the snare can really fatten it up. if u wanna fill out the drums a bit more maybe layer a very eq'd break behind them? bassline sounds fine to me but i think i know what you mean, try reducing the amount of modulation, use a sine wave lfo, mess with the lfo phase and adjust the filter freq accordingly, might get you what you're looking for, i think the mod amnt is possibly the key. but yeh man plenty of potential.

__
Drummer Check out more of my tunes at:

http://www.soundcloud.com/bassobeats/tracks
19-05-2010 00:39 Homepage of Basso
Monkey Nut1
Destiny

images/avatars/avatar-3104.jpg

Registration Date: 04-04-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nice intro to the track, i do like a nice intro. Nice choice of break, very solid and jumpy! I like the constant drone of the bass, nice and deep with minor changes all through the track. This producer has produced a nice piece of work without having hundreds of different samples. It does draw you in due to the track not breaking down much, i've listened to it a few times now and it certainly grabs you and puts you in a trance state, and no, i'm not on anything? On a personal level, i would of likes to have heard it a bit darker, but who knows, this might of ruined an otherwise fantastic bit of work. Nice one, keep it up!
19-05-2010 10:50
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

i like your guitar-ish pad in the intro. might be cool if you bring that back in after the drop at some point. I agree that the bass could use some help, but it doesn't sound bad IMO. Think this would really benefit from some work on your break. More hat work to add some color & some edits too b/c the pattern gets a little repetitious after a while. Some cool ideas with the melodies. def worth working on.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
20-05-2010 02:09
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » freddy reeks - Tek 13