drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » c_ctrl - Pothole
Go to the bottom of this page c_ctrl - Pothole
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Please check out my new track 'Pothole' and post your comments here!

Ez peeps. Long time no tunes for me, been working hard and trying to get good Wink Ok so this ones working title is Pothole(?) Just getting the mixdown under my belt now but I think all the ideas are pretty much there. Made in Logic. Feedback and criticism welcome!

Roary

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
13-05-2010 20:03 Homepage of c_ctrl
Tonedef Tonedef is a male
2ginger

Registration Date: 05-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.20

like the interesting sounds used in this track mate, id bring the ride cymbals in a bit more in the mix, its a little too wide for me, but i like the rest, good work
13-05-2010 21:38
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Kick is a bit tame in the intro and I'm not sure about the way you let the drums enter very naked and then filter them out again. Main drums are much better though (those rides are really good).
Main bass doesn't quite cut if for me, not sure what's wrong with it, needs some tweaking I guess.
Keep working on this, it's far from bad.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-05-2010 15:21 Homepage of BattleDrone
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

kick gets a bit lost in song when it all kicks of snare is ok although i'd like to hear a layer in there with a bit more release hat and break work is a bit lack lustre nice synth work overall dont really know what sub genre this is in bass's r ok could do with some switchin up at points tho

__
buy the ticket take the ride
14-05-2010 18:56
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

mix sounds a little flat to me, id layer up the intro to make it a little more interesting, get some dirty reece stabs in there. the main drop is not too bad, but the drums are lacking some power and sound flat. maybe add some layers to your one shots to give more life to your kick and snare. id also drop the pad out at some time in the track and change it up to give it more to work with.

keep at it.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
15-05-2010 03:36 Homepage of goonybag
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

First remark: your kick drum and snare drum don't sound cloudy. I mean they aren't clear as they should be.
Good pads, and good vibe but you have to reEQ your drums or use other samples.
Beautiful liquid track if that is the intention BUT then you should drop the synth that comes in around
1:40.
That synth makes us think that a hard drop is coming but that's not the case.

__

15-05-2010 11:45
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

hi man,

nice beats, just add some airy high snare on top of that fat one, it will make it even bette ri think, i think you need to add some raging bassline to give het more energie. Some more fills in the drumline could do the thing too.

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

15-05-2010 12:34 Homepage of tryptech
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers for the reviews/replies guys. Slightly confused at the fact I've posted three tracks on here, first one from when I started producing to this one now, two years later. They seem to be progressively going down in score Confused To my ears this one is the better of the three tunes but apparently not. Pretty disheartening to find you are actually regressing rather than progressing.. anyone care to shed any light?

__
15-05-2010 19:19 Homepage of c_ctrl
Tonedef Tonedef is a male
2ginger

Registration Date: 05-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.20

i actually like this track mate. i wouldn't read to much into it, this site is not the definitive site to review your track (sorry) the reviews are somewhat biased towards personal taste, rather than a compositon. also there are many different backgrounds and cultures here. for instance the london dnb scene is very different to, say, the miami scene, and its difficult to understand the roots of what make a good track when there are so many different inputs. coming from england myself, i totally understand what your trying to do with this, and i like it. good work Smile
15-05-2010 19:52
Akada
unregistered
Alright fella, first of all I like this idea! Good atmosphere and variation of beats. Having read some of the other reviews I can see people are being a little harsh (as with my tracks).
This is not a sound quality competition in my opinion, if an idea is good then the sound quality can be sorted out a number of ways. I've been listening to DnB since it began and have heard quite a bit of shite on the journey this though is interesting and worth finishing. My simple suggestion would be to listen to a 'professional' track and concentrate on how fx, pads and build are being used. This may help you polish your own build up etc. I heard a lot worse on his site and with high reviews, keep it going mate I enjoyed ths.
16-05-2010 09:45
monoxide
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2878.jpg

Registration Date: 02-08-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

mix down is awfull song is boring
16-05-2010 18:43
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Yeah this is cool,i like it the melodies, also the combination of the drums are great.Also i love the intro pad (what is it?) Really nice.Hope this is just preview and you should make end more interested Big Grin . Big ups Smile
16-05-2010 19:56 Homepage of Glodaragz
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by monoxide
mix down is awfull song is boring

Thanks man, I'll be sure to take that really constructive advice on board...

2Ginger - Nice one, cheers. I thought this site was a little more open to different sounds/styles etc, initially thats what attracted me here. Interesting you see this as having an English sound, It didnt occur to me but I see what you're sayin!

Glodaragz - Cheers mate, the intro was a lil bit of absynth and a bit of ES2 (Logic)

Deffo a preview, just a few ideas that I thought might work well together to make a tune. Might have to rethink my battleplan on this one tho, many peeps not feelin, y'kno Tongue

__
16-05-2010 20:39 Homepage of c_ctrl
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » c_ctrl - Pothole