drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » I am going to smash this MIDI keyboard up in a minute...
Go to the bottom of this page I am going to smash this MIDI keyboard up in a minute...
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

EDIT: long time ago this was... I use a Korg Kontrol nowadays. Brilliant piece of kit. BUT 2 of the pots/rotaries don't seem to work correctly. It's isn't that the rotaries themselves won't move - the problem is that the parameter assigned to them won't be affected properly by thy Korg Kontrolleth. Lets say I've assigned one of the badly functioning rotaries to 'frequency'. I move the rotary across, however there isn't a smooth transition on the parameter it is affecting - the frequency just skips from this to that and tends to move to 127. Damn...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

Righhhht, I got a Edirol PCR-300 [made by Roland] for my birthday, and I mainly bought it in the hope that it would assign itself automatically to the Reason devices, and would therefore be much better to use.
But this piece of shit won't, and even when I try to assign parameters myself it will pick up on keys but not rotaries/sliders. Please help me. This is ruining my birthday.

Note: I am using a 'cracked' version of Reason 4.

__
CtMc Cool

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ciaran: 06-01-2011 19:44.

05-05-2010 21:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

stop the panic and start the Googling...
I'm not a Reason user, so no clue, but it can't be that you are the only person with this problem.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
05-05-2010 21:58 Homepage of BattleDrone
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

okay, I'll try to stay calm Smile

I thought this would be an upgrade to my other MIDI keyboard. LOL.

__
CtMc Cool
05-05-2010 22:00
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

well, I couldn't find anything. I would have liked to have been able to resume making tunes with my new kit, but ...

UPDATE: OH SHIZE IT'S OKAY .. I was in the belief that it would automatically assign itself to parameters ... I have to choose from different control maps instead... Smile ))))

__
CtMc Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ciaran: 05-05-2010 23:53.

05-05-2010 23:04
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

oh wait I can save control mpas, but not permanently? That's so annoying. I have to remote override all the rotaries/sliders every time I open up Reason. Damnit.

__
CtMc Cool
12-05-2010 17:26
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

You are probably looking at the wrong possibilities. My M-Audio Oxygen 61 for example has a program called Enigma with it, which allows you to change information on the keyboard; so for example you could change what midi channels are used by which keys and sliders. This allows you to adopt those of a well-recognized keyboard and use software 'presets' made for that keyboard.

For example, for me everything works now except the play-stop-ffwd (etc) buttons. Someone on the fl forums made an enigma preset however which should make those works too, I'm yet to try it out though.

Of course, you'd be having lots more support if you'd have a legal license of reason. In fact, if you can buy keyboards and such, then maybe you can buy legal software too Big Grin If you take music serious and do not plan on dumping reason any time soon, that's always a good move. I use FL Studio and the forum that opens up for the holders of a legal license is a temple of information, with quite a lot active people, and great musicians. Don't know if reason has anything similar, but for FL Studio it's definitely worth it. FL Studio is cheap too Big Grin

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
13-05-2010 11:15 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

aye, it is a bit expensive though! However I do strongly believe in buying what's genuine as opposed to downloading etc.; people really need to take a look at what they're doing sometimes. For example, downloading music is fucking up musicians' livelihoods. So yeah, I will eventually get a legal version of Reason Big Grin .. but for the time being I'm going to spend what little money I have on hardware .. and vinyls!!!
Thanks for your help!

__
CtMc Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ciaran: 13-05-2010 17:05.

13-05-2010 17:05
Liquid Funkateer

Helpfulness rating: 

As for reason, I must agree it's quite overpriced :p

__
14-05-2010 22:37 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

well the conclusion is:
The Roland didn't work so my brother gave me his Korg Kontrol!
And then the day after that my PC died. Yes. All my software, music and files are gone. FUCK. haha

__
CtMc Cool
02-06-2010 14:27
Liquid Funkateer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ciaran
well the conclusion is:
The Roland didn't work so my brother gave me his Korg Kontrol!
And then the day after that my PC died. Yes. All my software, music and files are gone. FUCK. haha

Btw, Happy birthday

__
02-06-2010 22:04 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks very much!

__
CtMc Cool
03-06-2010 13:47
ProximityE

Registration Date: 02-12-2010

if you mean how to assign the knobs on the midi controller to the knobs in reason its easy, right click the button you want to automate and select edit romote override mapping, then select the control service {the name of your midi controller should come up} then select the box that says 'learn from control service activity {so theres a tick in the box} then move a knob on the midi controller and it should assign it to the selected control in reason, then click ok.
24-12-2010 22:30
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » I am going to smash this MIDI keyboard up in a minute...