drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » dark genius - Now You Must Pay With Your Life!
Go to the bottom of this page dark genius - Now You Must Pay With Your Life!
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 04-11-2009

Please check out my new track 'Now You Must Pay With Your Life!' and post your comments here!

Just to warn you this is not your usual jump up DNB, It's got a Techno influence but I have still tried to maintain the grime of DNB. All synths and bass lines are custom synths that I have made from scratch [No Patches!]. This track was made in reason 4 with a Novation x station hooked up as a MIDI control interface. It's a long track so if your impatient skip forward 3 minutes because thats when It starts to kick off! Remember No instrument samples are used just pure Combinated Thor/Maelstrom/Subtractor synthesis.

Let me know what you think...
04-05-2010 00:07
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The percussive lead instrument in the drop doesn't fit. Pads could do with less low end.
The bass in the intro sounds a bit messy, would do better with some aggressive attack.
The whole thing seems to have too much reverb which makes it sound muffled. The drop at 3' doesn't really drop (not sure if you were saying the drop comes at 3' though).
It's a bit weird how the bass stops at 3:39 as if the tune isn't finished.
Sounds like a rock band doing a long version of a track during a life concert or something. Needs some more tension building to keep me focused for the whole 6:43.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-05-2010 18:27 Homepage of BattleDrone
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quite liked the raw drum sound but think the track could do with more samples rather than synthesis. could do with a bit more variation too

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
04-05-2010 19:10 Homepage of bm84
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nice drums... almost have that live drummer feel. I like the real spacey vibe goin on here. Your synths fit this track spot-on. the break @ 4:15ish is wicked! Overall, this is pretty interesting stuff mate. Def haven't heard much like this before. Can tell you put a ton of work into the synths. Only comments I have is to maybe add some sfx to fill it out more. And it may benefit from having a nice bridge in the middle where the drums drop out - would give it more of a climax when the drums come back. But that's just my opinion. Nice work.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
05-05-2010 15:18
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

This is pretty different, I like it! Think the drums could do with a bit of work, they do start to wear on me for the whole first few minutes. If you used the little chop edits more it would make it more varied..?

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
05-05-2010 23:26 Homepage of c_ctrl
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

really long intro, drums need more strength to pronounce the drop, seems to sit on the one level throughout, needs more peaks and troughs for a track of this length.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
06-05-2010 10:58 Homepage of goonybag
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » dark genius - Now You Must Pay With Your Life!