drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » donnybrook - Evil
Go to the bottom of this page donnybrook - Evil
Author
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

Please check out my new track 'Evil' and post your comments here!

Still working on this, also a sample suggestion would help! I can't get anything to fit in it : /
anybody got any movie names or ideas? Thanks!

__
I like stuff and things.

24-04-2010 09:32
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

your synthpad is really cool (intro) but you're OVERfiltering the envelope of your drums. It's like you put a flanger on your drums and I'd make less envelopefilterstuff.

Good beginning but really needs a lot of work though. You start with the same instruments and the instruments stay the same throughout your track. Add some more synths or begin using less synths.

__

24-04-2010 18:53
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I think you should prolonge the period when there was no filt. on the beats, It need a couple bars when there r no fx on the beats imo so it impacts. Really erie feel 2 it thou. A sci fi film sample would go best I think.
24-04-2010 22:58
SICKorWELL
SICKorWELL DnB

Registration Date: 24-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.33

good ideas sound needs to be cleaner hi is a bit splashy good ideas though synth could use a lil work eq and fit in the tune a bit more tune has good potential

__

''Music is my life and DnB is my soul"

free 320 downloads and mixes at
www.myspace.com/sickorwell
Artist info www.Pruvenmusic.com
26-04-2010 03:43 Homepage of SICKorWELL
SteakJohnson SteakJohnson is a male
another 15 year old...

Registration Date: 17-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

u used the same break sliced up that you did in the other song, dont do that. Make your own breaks by layering maybe this break with another break or individual drum hits. Make sure that when the break comes in it is hitting heavy. If you look into slicex or whatever you use you can see that each individual slice can be sent to a different fx channel. Process each sound in the break so it sounds different, say add compression. (look that up)

__
[SJ] Black Sun Rising:

27-04-2010 15:00
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

id make that intro more simple, get to the point with it, you think its going to drop, then it doesnt, over and over again, im waiting for those drums to do there thing, they sound like they would be nice and heavy but the filters keep that hidden. sounds like one big intro that needs to be cut right back. keep at it.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
01-05-2010 02:03 Homepage of goonybag
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

id make that intro more simple, get to the point with it, you think its going to drop, then it doesnt, over and over again, im waiting for those drums to do there thing, they sound like they would be nice and heavy but the filters keep that hidden. sounds like one big intro that needs to be cut right back. keep at it.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
01-05-2010 02:03 Homepage of goonybag
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » donnybrook - Evil