drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Suggestions/Criticism
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestions/Criticism
Author
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

Hey guys I'm decently new to the drum and bass scene. I've been working on some songs, and I have em' up on my myspace page. Let me know what you think and maybe what I could add/remove from the songs. Thanks and cheers!

- Chris

__
I like stuff and things.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by donnybrook: 07-04-2010 17:00.

07-04-2010 16:59
donnybrook donnybrook is a male
Donnybrook

60 Views and no comments? :[
Seriously any sort of criticism would be helpful! I just posted a new song too, Dionysus, and I would really love to hear some professional feedback on it! Thanks!

__
I like stuff and things.

11-04-2010 16:14
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I think you should reel in the attitude pal! This aint a service, people can and do what they like....

__
OGENIC
Drummer
11-04-2010 16:32
donnybrook donnybrook is a male
Donnybrook

True true... but did helping somebody out ever hurt anybody? ;] Really trying to improve here k bud! Hahaha

__
I like stuff and things.

11-04-2010 17:17
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

The overall sound of your tunes varies from painful to over compressed. I’m not sure what your mistake was in the first place but I have some advices for you anyways:

- Mix down with more precision, most of your drum work is totally drowned by highly dominant synth material. Fix it by turning down those synths and not by boosting your break. When mixing down start at a fairly low db level and bring it up slowly.

- Use equalizing rather for cutting purposes to achieve more space in your mix and prevent frequency clashing. Be very carful with boosting frequencies with an eq, to come off best you’d better use quality samples than low crap that requires heavy processing.

- do not use any multiband plugins if you don’t know how to use them (compression, exciters, stereo imaging plugins and whatnot)

- apply effects as little as possible to your master channel (only subtle compression & eq, rather no reverb and definitively no distortion, chorus or similar delay effects)

You could also work on your variation (add a structure with intro, climax, breakdown, add other elements as pads or a reece) and transitions which appear pretty abrupt. Don’t use the same break sample over and over again or at least tweak it a bit (layering).

Keep working!
11-04-2010 18:48 Homepage of Gregg
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

you've got some potiential, but if you really want people to give feedback on the songs, upload them onto the music section,
will take a listen to all your songs in a while and give you some feedback
but atm im busy man

__

The One - Age Break
11-04-2010 20:30
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

tru ogeanic we don't like ppl tellin ppl wot to do hear u'll be lucky to get any reviews now tbh Shakeshark

__
buy the ticket take the ride
11-04-2010 20:56
SteakJohnson SteakJohnson is a male
another 15 year old...

Registration Date: 17-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

i like the nicky split one the best, i like the melody but none of these songs seem finished. DO NOT MAKE THE VOICE SAMPLE THE FOCUS OF THE TRACK (weell atleast like that). and make a bassline maybe? FX rises?

__
[SJ] Black Sun Rising:

11-04-2010 22:00
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Suggestions/Criticism