drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Karl M - Struggle Dance
Go to the bottom of this page Karl M - Struggle Dance
Author
Karl M

Registration Date: 29-03-2010

Please check out my new track 'Struggle Dance' and post your comments here!

Just say what ! Need some advice ! Comments.. Everything !

I produce since 5 years now, just my friends heard what i make.. I have 3 dnb tracks now, not finished. My coming out at this page, is the first, besides my myspace.
29-03-2010 11:57 Homepage of Karl M
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

ahh the old drum sound and bassline smith pack good choice of samples cant really go wrong with them the heavey duty break is a really solid break good use of the bass stabs from the pack as well this sounds really distorted minds like unfortunately if u listen to a track a couple down the list by jamie ward he has used the same samples in their full context which u might want to look out 4 they are great samples this means everyone wants to use them lol try and steer clear of using the bassline etc how they were made by bassline smith like this track got good vibe jeezus ive been goin on 4 ages lol

__
buy the ticket take the ride
29-03-2010 15:28
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

good job dude.
I like the song overall but that intro!!
make it shorter by about 30s because it really grows boring after a while and pp would stop listening but with a chorus like that Big Grin
this is half liquid half jump up Smile

__

29-03-2010 17:51
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

Takes a little long to finally drop IMO. But once it does it's pretty sick. Lovely bass. And of course the amen edits are really nice in the beginning. I HATE that crash cymbal you have It's too stereo and doesn't fit with the drums - in other words it sounds too much like a sample. I love the jump up style bass during the second half of the song. But what you should try to do is bring some of the earlier parts back later in the song. Right now, it kind of feels like 2-3 different tunes in one. You have some cool ideas in the beginning that you should bring back. Like the Amen break and some of the ragga guitar riffs. Anyways, some good stuff here. Just working on bringing it all together - if you want. If you like it - then leave it - ultimately, its your tune bro Wink Hope this helps

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
30-03-2010 03:31
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Very nice intro...
Nice amen work in the intro!
Good bassline!
Try to lower the sweep, it is somehow too intrusive
Excellent drums around 2min :-)
Very good vibe in the 2-nd minute!
Needs to be mixed down, some fx are too loud, has a lot of potential, finish this one.
30-03-2010 21:48
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i have no idea what an amen break is. Anyone wanna explain? Big Grin

__

31-03-2010 17:31
Karl M Karl M is a male
Karl M

Thx for the advices dude. The crash, you're right i didnt search longer then that.. :-) but I will.. FOr the stuff you said it could be nice to bring it back, i dont know, because often, i like to habe different parts in a track, like completely different.. but now i can try what you told me and see how it works out.. Again thx..

Later ;-)

Peace out !
31-03-2010 19:32 Homepage of Karl M
Karl M Karl M is a male
Karl M

Scurf, thx for the advices, i can need some help about mastering..maybe u have somthg for for me, somthg u may explain to me.. dont know..

peace out !
31-03-2010 19:37 Homepage of Karl M
Chamber206
Producer

Registration Date: 25-03-2010

I like the oldschool rolling sound. kinda like some zinc/hype stuff. its a really busy track tho... almost too much going on in terms of basses and synths. maybe try one pattern as the main. i like the mid range bass that comes in at 3:30... maybe try using that as the main melody? dunno good ideas, just maybe too many ideas in one track.
01-04-2010 02:05
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Karl M
Scurf, thx for the advices, i can need some help about mastering..maybe u have somthg for for me, somthg u may explain to me.. dont know..

peace out !

Huh don`t know much about mastering, I just thought to lower the volume in the mixer for the sweep sound around 0:49 Tongue

But I could advise you this this....

Mastering doesn`t makes a bad mixing to sound excellent, spend as much as you need time to level up things...
Then .... forget the tune for about a day or two, don`t listen... listen mastered and produced track to attune your ears... Then listen to your track on several different sound systems and speakers.... Level anything that needs to be leveled in your track...
Then forget it again for a couple of days.....

And then....
EQ, just gently and by taste (if u ask me for magic formula like low cut bass on 256 Hz, boost high freq on 8500khz and stuff like that... there isn`t, it`s all in your ears)

Then, stereo imaging (again by taste)

Gently compress (again using your ears)

Maximaze it (around -6db i think, but again listen what u r doing)

And that is...

Then again listen it to different sound systems and speakers, correct anytning you need, render, publish :-)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scurf: 02-04-2010 13:29.

02-04-2010 01:53
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

loving the intro
also nice drums
good bass
good vibe around in the trackBig Grin
liking this alot, great vibe but still has that bad edge (in a good way bad btwTongue )
keep on doing dnb man you'll be greatBig Grin

__

The One - Age Break
03-04-2010 20:13
Hudskov
Sponsor

Registration Date: 05-03-2010

Old school sound to this track, love the tease on the intro. Amen drops in nicely though recognise the b-line from another track. Definite stomper for the floor, i'd be jumping about no doubt to this. Loads of b-line, very busy track.
03-04-2010 22:34
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Karl M - Struggle Dance