drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » simage - Leafs
Go to the bottom of this page simage - Leafs
Author
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Leafs' and post your comments here!

This is my 2nd song ever. My first song sucked so there's no way i'm gonna upload that but i actually like this.
I was inspired by Netsky and Camo & Krooked.

Please, be honest if you think it's shit or if you think it rocks.
All criticism allowed Wink

__

20-03-2010 11:32
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

It sounds cool but u could get it sounding better if you beefed everything up a bit. Maby use some distortion or compress ur beats a bit, try some stuff out. It just sounds a bit thin if u know wot i mean. I like it thou and remember...BEEF
20-03-2010 12:18
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

drums are nice
might wanna try an amen after a while, but thats how I like thingsTongue

your piano melodie is a bit to reverby in begin.
after the bass kicks in it awesomeBig Grin
and the bass is nice too
very chill vibe man.
might wanna put something in like strings with this, might make the whole thing even chiller (don't put the strings at a high volume if your gonna use them, when there not so present they can really have the effect of brainfucking you if you know what I meanTongue )

very good voor your first song man!
like to hear more tracks like this from youBig Grin

(not gonna give it a whoa rolling at voting on the party cause I don't want to hear this on a party but when I bike to school in the morningTongue )

__

The One - Age Break
20-03-2010 12:36
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

nice track if this is ur 2nd track ever would benefeit from some drum edits on different 16 bar braks but part from that all gud

__
buy the ticket take the ride
20-03-2010 13:47
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Not bad for second tune.Sound cool,I don't like the drum section, special the snare,It's so bad-snare.
I love the piano part ( it is sample right?)if its not sorry than Smile .Try to make a break snares.Maybe than tune will be full.If you don't know how to make that send me PM and i will do my best to tell you.
Big ups !
20-03-2010 14:36 Homepage of Glodaragz
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

dig that piano intro. Maybe try adding a subtle phaser to get some movement. Nice bass. It sounds like deep & hollow if that makes sense. Need more variation in your break tho. Overall, for your 2nd track this has potential. Nice chill, liquid vibe. Keep working at it.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
20-03-2010 17:22
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Interesting intro....
The drums need to be layered....
Nice piano melody.
Good bass note around 00:44.
Hats are not good, maybe other selection of hats imo, these hats don`t belong here.

The second part is almost the same as the first one, some more variation, like ride cymbals and crashes.
Overall good preview.
22-03-2010 11:30
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice melodies here m8e.
track could really benefit from a hi pass amen break at 1.05 just to add some nice shiizzle and energy,
(i know all the .be boys will be saying ahhh hi pass amen bleh boring, but it would work really well here).
kick is cool but i must agree about the snare m8 soz
lose that metallic snare layer and leave the snare that comes in at 3.18.
bass in nice too, add pads and a sweet string,
id like to hear this a bit more developed.

peace m8.

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
22-03-2010 12:01
marcusg marcusg is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 22-08-2008

Hi, I'll be honest because I want people to be honest and blunt with my shit w/o sugar coating.
Overall it could be better sound wise, don't have any tips on that unfortunately. But I would add some arpeggio in the background with some sythns. Layer it with some pads/strings. The bass, I don't know whats wrong but maybe it could be eq some more. It kinda hurts my ears. Besides the sounds you should try start jamming with this tune. I mean after a while the piano gets boring, go crazy with it.
23-03-2010 06:53
Azlateen Azlateen is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

This track has great potential, it's almost ridiculous. I love the piano line and bassline. Though the piano sound is fuzzy. I don't know what it is exactly, but it might a delay you put on it? Or some parameters you tweaked? I don't know, but if could be clearer and brought ever so slightly, it would be amazing.

It sounded great for how simple it is. I know it's only your 2nd tune, and it ain't half bad dude! What would be cool to add in is like a pad sound, or additive synth line. Something to fill in the gaps between the bassline and paino melody and hold it together. It takes a lot of experimenting, but it would come out eventually. Try downloading Protoplasm, it's a great additive synth. I use it constantly.
23-03-2010 08:28
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hg fortune protoplasm Dance

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
23-03-2010 11:32
Karl M Karl M is a male
Karl M

Registration Date: 29-03-2010

the sound is great, good mix i think. but the beat needs more variations because there are not much sounds, so the beat is more important.. the piano is great ! with the bassline, perfect job !! ;-) i hear a little high contrast influence.. the last album maybe.. ? i think it is a nice track but it needs a couple of sounds, an atmosphere to make the piano sound better.. the hi hats, maybe try a dry ride with a little reverb to give a punch.
01-04-2010 00:29 Homepage of Karl M
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » simage - Leafs