drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Nick ZZ - Mirror Of Karma
Go to the bottom of this page Nick ZZ - Mirror Of Karma
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

Please check out my new track 'Mirror Of Karma' and post your comments here!

This is the first Dubstep tune we have made in the last 2 yrs. Cheers. Z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

18-03-2010 21:58 Homepage of Nick ZZ
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Long time since I haven`t heard a tune from you :-)
Excellent intro, excellent drums and excellent vocal, has some ethnic feel...
Lovely percussion...
This is excellent tune, everything is in place, looking forward for the final version.
18-03-2010 22:43
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

your intro riff reminds me of something, but i don't remember what... It will drive me crazy!!!

Anyways, this is tight. Uncluttered and crisp. Some great breaks / fills esp. those hand-drums i heard in there. love the vox- really completes the tune i think. Only thing is the kick. I'd be curious to hear it w/ a deeper more thudd-y kick. But otherwise this is sick dubstep nastiness.
Why so long away from dubstep????

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
18-03-2010 23:06
JamieWard JamieWard is a male
DJ INDUSTRY

Registration Date: 26-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

The intro sounds a little thin in places with samples that sound a little "cheap" if thats the right word and they dont have much depth to their sound field.

Maybe layer some more sounds on top of the ones you already have or maybe use the same sound but on a couple different keys to add more depth, always a good way of padding out a sound to make it more substantial.

The reece sounding sample is what throws the whole intro out for me, it sounds very out ofplace and my personal opinion is its not a very good sound.

The overall vibe of the intro I really like, it sets a good scene, especially with the rising wind before the drop.

The first string that comes in is also off beat, im not sure if its intnetional or not but it doesnt sound good during the intro.

The indian sounding sample on the intro (the third sound that comes in ) is very nice sounding, just pad it out with some more depth.

The ethnic drums are also very nice, every sound on the intro apart from that baseline works really well together, it maybe needs more chord progression and more development.

There sounds like there is something wrong with the frequency of the kick drum on the intro but i just cant put my finger on what it is.

The strong point of this track is definately the baseline, both the initial drop and the switch half way through the bar really really really work well as a sound.

Also the vocal is awesome, a great sound and works very well with the ethnic vibe from the intro.

Second drop out is nice again but that reece sounding base noise is just not working for me.

The only other thing I would say is I got a little bored by the second drop, there is definitely a good track here, it just needs more melody progression from start to finish.

instead of looping the same melody all the way through on every instrument, start off with one stripped down melody at the start and then develop it over the course of the track building up to an all out attack towards the end.

The sound quality is pretty clean as well no major issues with sound quality or levels. Maybe, maybe lacking a little stereo width from the whole track, maybe needs some things to pan left to right in the background etc just adds depth to the sound field.

__

18-03-2010 23:24 Homepage of JamieWard
JamieWard JamieWard is a male
DJ INDUSTRY

Registration Date: 26-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sorry if that came across as harsh and cold, I just type lots of crap as im listening, I hope some of this helps in someway, and of course this is just my opinion and may not necessarily mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

__

18-03-2010 23:28 Homepage of JamieWard
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by JamieWard
Sorry if that came across as harsh and cold, I just type lots of crap as im listening, I hope some of this helps in someway, and of course this is just my opinion and may not necessarily mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Nah dude, not at all! Do your thing and keep writing helpful reviews brutha! Z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

19-03-2010 15:20 Homepage of Nick ZZ
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I'm not a big fan of Dub Step,but belive it or not I like this one.Nice bass,Perfect idea.Also love that Arabian ( or whatever) voice!Maybe you should find more Arabian text voices so try to make a combination.Nice work i like it, and don't forget I'm not a dub step fan Smile
19-03-2010 16:09 Homepage of Glodaragz
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

really like the drum work in this nick another great trackdont really like the indian theme but thats personal taste 4 me keep the dub comin

__
buy the ticket take the ride
19-03-2010 17:56
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

very eastern, love itBig Grin nice work with the sitar!
bass is filth!, could be a lil louder in some places maybe(added a sub underneath your main bass? cause this makes alot of diffrence to my opinion)
like the easterny jahala vocalsBig Grin

love it man!

__

The One - Age Break
20-03-2010 00:24
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! Cheers. Z