drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JamieWard - Confusion
Go to the bottom of this page JamieWard - Confusion
Author
DJ INDUSTRY

Registration Date: 26-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Confusion' and post your comments here!

DJ INDUSTRY - confusion

Ive been using FL Studio on and off for the last couple years but never serious enough to finish a track.

This is the closest ive come to completing a track.

I have not done any sound processing for the final mixdown yet, im just trying to gauge melody structure, hook ideas, "flow", etc.

As many will know, constant listening to a song can start to have negative effect, so im putting this song online to get some feedback on sound quality and if there are any mistakes in terms of sample clashing (separate samples hitting at the same time as each other) and also if there is any holes in the frequency field that could be filled or areas that need trimming down.

Mix down is n area of producing im still new too and although ive read loads about the process and ive put it to use when processing seprate sounds, im yet to know how to finalize a track for mixdown so help in that area will be most welcome.

All criticism is welcomed.

__

17-03-2010 17:12 Homepage of JamieWard
JamieWard JamieWard is a male
DJ INDUSTRY

Registration Date: 26-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 

By the way I built this entire track on my headphones and have not heard it on a proper stereo yet so if someone could do that and give me feedback on how well it translates that would be great, thanks.

__

17-03-2010 18:51 Homepage of JamieWard
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Mate, get your self esteem together, this is the best upload in a long time. This is pure sickness!
Drums could be a little louder and more smashing but the rest of the track is pure stunning shit!
Love the bass stuff, very well made, sounding pro!
Now finish this because it is worth it.
Make a longer intro and a second drop and you are done.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
17-03-2010 20:41 Homepage of BattleDrone
additive additive is a male
DROP IT!

images/avatars/avatar-2973.png

Registration Date: 09-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 

you're obviously a very talented producer/composer. Just wondering, did you program the drums yourself, or are they loops? The track really just needs some sum effects (as you mentioned you haven't put any in yet). besides that, it is absolutely brilliant. I couldn't hear any masking. You have an excellent sub-bass sound and balance, interesting structure and sounds.

__
http://www.additivemusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/additive-music/497601575363?ref=ts
17-03-2010 22:20 Homepage of additive
additive additive is a male
DROP IT!

images/avatars/avatar-2973.png

Registration Date: 09-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 

by the way, it translates beaufiully my monitors! definitely finish it.

__
http://www.additivemusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/additive-music/497601575363?ref=ts
17-03-2010 22:22 Homepage of additive
SteakJohnson SteakJohnson is a male
another 15 year old...

Registration Date: 17-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Very strange but awesome track. Sounds like something noisia would do.
I dont care for 1-20 tho you could do a way more kickass build-up than that

__
[SJ] Black Sun Rising:

17-03-2010 22:39
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

Woot! Like the sounds a lot! A little more work on the drumz, adding layers and sounds for flavor might help. Like this! z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

17-03-2010 22:57 Homepage of Nick ZZ
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

dude this is pretty sick. Your basses sound awesome. nice pad work at 1:10 or so. I think you should keep this thing minimal, don't add too much stuff. The drop could be a little more interesting its a little predictable now. More variation in the break could help too. Otherwise, don't touch!!! :p this sounds really tight.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
18-03-2010 02:28
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Excelent sound choise, nice idea of the tune.
Needs some more variation of the drums they are somehow repetitive. And it needs some bass groove.
Sounds nice to my ears, needs to be finished.
18-03-2010 02:44
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

haha loads of these samples are of the drumsound and bassline smith sample pack infact the whole things is nicely stuck together though

__
buy the ticket take the ride
19-03-2010 15:48
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Cool but your drums don't get where they should be. I mean you use the same drums constantly and it doesn't sound like the right drumloop to use the entire song. Try boosting it more with an equalizer or compressor.
I like the synths that you used, what you said about listening to a song too much has a bad effect, i agree but if you just make a new song for a day and then continue your previous song, the effect's way better. What also helps is listen alot to the music you really like. But for a first song this is great.
Keep it up fella

__

20-03-2010 11:28
Azlateen Azlateen is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

Yeah. Dude. This is a a great track! I love the basses, they add a great texture to the whole tune! Great gate timings on the filters! I still can't seem to figure out how get that loud pulse-wave bass down. You got it on lock! Great textures under all the basses and leads too, that subtle rumble along with the bleeps and boops. All I can say is boost some treble sounds, it's kind of heavy on the mid to mid low range. I'd say just EQ it, you don't need to add in any extra sounds. Although what would be cool too is if you layered another snare, preferably one with a lot of ring to it. Like the snare off of Donny's Discovered remix. HUGE snare that i love. Look it up on Youtube- Donny- Discovered. Something like that would be amazing in this tune.

I had great fun listening to this! Keep up the good tunes!
23-03-2010 08:21
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JamieWard - Confusion