drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Subbass
Go to the bottom of this page Subbass
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 24-08-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

HI all, i tried to make subbass like is in this song over half of year but poorly :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fY8bHc53qY

how to do anything like it??, i tried use 3xosc sine wave... many effect i used but nothing similiar was make :-( it is only subbass and any reeses hipassed or there is even some bass in 200-500 hz???? i read many tutorials about subbas making but useless... can anyone show me any setting ???

i want to use massive VST for sync subass like it but it is imposible :-(( or any setting with 3Xosc? pls help it realy retard my way to DNB sucess... i need lloud audible (sub)bass or explain how to do so clean and heavy bass
10-03-2010 12:43
patrick076

Registration Date: 14-04-2010

it was pleasure reading this post and seeing the video on you tube the virtual plug ins at its best hats off!!!!!!!!!!!

__
mcse papers // mcp certification
14-04-2010 13:41
TTT31
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i dont undestand you man :-( i understood that you was enjoyed but along no...
21-04-2010 10:36
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

3xosc will work fine for sub bass......get a spectrum analyser (VoxengoSpan is free from their site) and load that at the end of the plug-in chain on your sub bass channel, then use addictive eq'ing, the fruity bass boost is nice and simple and try and get a big phat low-end on the spectrum with your sub bass. Then you can take away parts of the sound to make room for your kick....i try and aim for the sub to be peaking around 40-60hz, then slot the kick in around 80-100hz...so there both visible on the spectrum analyser, you can see them both peaking clearly.

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
21-04-2010 12:38 Homepage of Sephiroth
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Create 3 sines

in three octave spread (instance 1 osc octave 5, 2 osc octave 4, 3 oct octave 2)...

All sine waves...

Find the key

Lowpass filter.... set cutoff freq about 100hz...

Turn the volume down for the first and the third osc....

Play...
21-04-2010 20:11
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Or just use sytrus-orbitral, and you will make sub bass Smile
21-04-2010 20:35 Homepage of Glodaragz
Scurf Scurf is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3070.jpg

Registration Date: 26-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Glodaragz
Or just use sytrus-orbitral, and you will make sub bass Smile

Agreed...

Or even just use 3xosc just 1 osc to sine wave...
22-04-2010 16:13
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I don't think you are after a sub bass "per sé", if you mean the main bass of the tune then it is really simple, it's a reese bass.

Use 3xOSC and take 2 saw waveforms and detune them (the fine tune of one goes -15, the other +15).
The 3rd oscillator should be set to sine and the pitch has to be turned all the way down for the sub part of the bass.

Not very original though, has been done thousands of times.

If you find it hard to understand, just gimme a shout and I'll pass you a simple FL project (using version 7 here, will work on 7 or higher) to demonstrate what you should do.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-04-2010 23:38 Homepage of BattleDrone
TTT31
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ok bass in this song is made by two joined basses - subbbass lowpassed(100) and next one is hipassed reese bass ok? and do you think that this reese has any lowpass? i ask you beacouse if i try to do it my reese has so much mids and highs:-(

thanks all for my topic editing!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TTT31: 23-04-2010 09:48.

23-04-2010 09:47
dawm_rule
Tourist

Registration Date: 11-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

You have to bear in mind that immitation of something is not that easy to perform. I am 100% sure that even Pendulum made that combination of oscilators by the nature of guess. Pratcice, so you will make similarities, but never 100% the same.
In relation to that bassline, the combination of saw, square and sine oscilators can help you. On this tune they made the bassline prior to using detuned square oscilators (not only two, also overdrive distortion helps as eqing between 250-500 Hz cut/boost accordingly as well), because those produce the low frequency just enough to come in background and act ass subbass. If you tend to implement subbass to a track, it's simple - use perfect constant sine oscilator (cosine oscilator can help in rare occasions, because it produces attack and sounds like "sparkle in the air") at 40-50 Hz at -10dbFS strictly relative to the sound that is intended to contain it with previously clearing the frequency field of the sound to leave space for the subbass suitting. The "reece" bassline is well known for producers already, saw oscilators are the primary weapon in combination with square oscilators (perfect or non-perfect, it depends on your taste).

P.S. Perfect oscilator means matematically precise harmonic (sine) oscilating at certain frequency. Non-perfect is the similarity to the harmonic but distorted with noise interference of kind. In the nature if you capture one sample of a sound with your ear->brain there is information of equally to almost infinite harmonics mixed together, even your brain is not translating everything that you hear around you. Matematics say that harmonics are infinite in both ways. Also it is impossible to separate all harmonics of the nature sound. Synthesis came up and did the immitation of many instruments and such, but there will be no chance at all computers to trully be equivalent to the nature sounding.

I was not explaining this for nothing. You have to imagine the sound in your brain at first, then by knowing a theory of the sound you will automatically find logical ways how to imitate your imagination, i.e. transfer it as same as possible on your DAW.
23-04-2010 12:45
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by dawm_rule

I was not explaining this for nothing. You have to imagine the sound in your brain at first, then by knowing a theory of the sound you will automatically find logical ways how to imitate your imagination, i.e. transfer it as same as possible on your DAW.

Totally, utterly, agree!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
24-04-2010 04:03 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Mahyhem

Registration Date: 16-09-2007

Hey instead of using 3xosc, use wasp. Link the 2 envelope parameters and raise the decay and release to full, have a bit of a slope on the attack and and on the sustain so it slightly glides in and out (to prevent clipping)

Then choose 2 sine waves and on the coarse pitch, the first drop to -24 semitones, and the second drop to -12 semitones, then slide the mix a little to the right.
You can detune them slightly with the fine pitch, drop one and raise the other equally
You should be hearing a nice deep sub bass!!! Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mahyhem: 14-06-2011 06:04.

14-06-2011 06:04
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Subbass