drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » recon47 - The Nexus Strings
Go to the bottom of this page recon47 - The Nexus Strings
Author
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'The Nexus Strings' and post your comments here!

New one from me..i used the Nexus2 synth for all of this one.Bit of an Orchestal thing going on here so the bassline is minimal. This is just a slice so hope you all like..let me know what you think....peace
22-02-2010 15:48
SI-FI SI-FI is a male
Producer DJ Obbsessed

Registration Date: 27-03-2008

nice intro....like the FX.....the high hats that come in at around 1min are realy nice and crusty.....the drops cool and the bass is nice and subby....nice track over all.....great arrangement

__
[FONT=arial][SIZE=12][COLOR=sandybrown] Cool Huh Devil Tongue Bigup Dance Banana Woot
22-02-2010 17:02 Homepage of SI-FI
Uberchile Uberchile is a male
www.myspace.com/uberchile

Registration Date: 14-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Pretty rolling overall.

It would be nice to hear those strings taking on more complex melodies and motifs. Bring a top layer with 3rds and 5ths of each chord in and out part way through the bars.

Drums are nice and punchy

Bring some of the fx forward a bit in the mix.

Will be a good tune if you add more to the melodies.

-UC-

__
www.myspace.com/uberchile
22-02-2010 22:15 Homepage of Uberchile
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Too much hissing noises at the drop. If you play this at a party people will get deaf.
Sound to me like the drop is going to happen any time soon, but it doesn't drop.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-02-2010 23:09 Homepage of BattleDrone
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

Good laid-back chill liquid-y track.

like the synth work & the kick work

I woulda liked to hear a bit more of a climax in the drop, but otherwise sweet tuneage.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
23-02-2010 03:02
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

awesome tune, love it!
23-02-2010 05:35
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

well the intro is awesome. you build it so nice. the only thing i do not like is the drop. dunno i was expecting much more before you come with the bass and everythin, not only a kick roll. i mean if it's the drop then, god damn it, make it drop. some hi-pass on the drums could work.
the demo is so nice and liquid. you have done a good job!
23-02-2010 07:05
warlok warlok is a male
Somthing Inspireing Should Go Here.

images/avatars/avatar-2651.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

Love the track! very good intro and arrangement. The beat is to low. I dont think just turning it up wil fix it. It sounds drowned out. theres no high end. turn up the 10khz and 1 to 4 khz somwhere between. make sure when you mix the track that you start with the kick and snare then the hats and percs then the bass. dont even do the rest till they are crisp. make sure the kick and snare are the loudest thing and that the bass sits one notch bellow it so you know the kick will punch through everything! if your kick has loads of low sub it will conflict with your bass. never just boost the lowpass on ur kick. boost a peak at about 80 to 100hz instead. Around 200hz to boost your hard snares. Once you have the base of it right the rest pads,strings ect... will be much easier to mix with it. also check every sound on headphones to see if theres bass that shouldnt be there as it will affect the kick and bass also. Hats and cymbals are somtimes are the culprets. just turn down the low pass at 100hz or higher again if it has. Id also tighten up the shuffles by cutting back a millisecond from the ends of each note aswell. Your kick dosent sound like its phasing with the bass but its a good tip anyways! great arrangement tho! love to hear the final result! Smile

__
Drummer http://soundcloud.com/warlokmusic Drummer
25-02-2010 13:55
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yeah this track comes in well good, It builds up really well, it has a wikid vibe to it. Theres not much I can say apart from WHY did you cut it at the drop? Im really looking forward to hearing the rest of it. Get it up as quick as possible!!!
18-03-2010 17:07
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » recon47 - The Nexus Strings