Go to the bottom of this page murphy's law
Author
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

hey everyone

just had a stupid accident while i was coming down the stairs , holding a plate with a fork , the fork fell off th eplate , straight onto my big toe , which is now two small holes and much pain richer Mad

i was just thinking , why didn't the fork fall the other way around , with " de steel" on my toe or anything ... stupid shit Roll Eyes

now i was wondering , what are some of the most stupid things that ever happened to you , i mean so stupid that you can laugh about it afterwards ( coz i sure ain't laughing now Cry ) ,like just when you think there isn't anythin gmore that can go wrong , it will Huh

anywayz , curious to hear from you guys , will distract me from my foot at least hé Tongue

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
19-05-2004 12:12 Homepage of basslicious
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

i went skating on the afternoon just before new years eve 2000.. jumped of a sidewalk like 10cm from the ground below.. fell and broke my arm Big Grin rofl..

no party for me that nite.. painkillers massive..

lol.. that was pretty damn stupid

cheerz

__

19-05-2004 12:24 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
i went skating on the afternoon just before new years eve 2000.. jumped of a sidewalk like 10cm from the ground below.. fell and broke my arm Big Grin rofl..

no party for me that nite.. painkillers massive..

lol.. that was pretty damn stupid

cheerz

Now that is what I call LOEMP Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

19-05-2004 12:42 Homepage of Surya
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

had something similar to that , only it was on my bday , it had been snowing and freezing pretty hard , some friends had me in their vision , i ran for it and then i slipped and fell on my hand , result , broken thumb and my bday evening "celebrated" in th emergency room of the hospital

Yeah , i'm quite unfortunate with these things , had a similar experience the day i had a basketmatch , but then i tried to get on a " borduur" of the trottoir and becoz i didn't have enough speed , i flew over my bike on my back Baby

__
19-05-2004 13:34 Homepage of basslicious
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by basslicious
... Yeah , i'm quite unfortunate with these things ...

Well join the club - 7 years of Judo competition isn't healthy eather... Broke and damaged a lot of things (still problems with my feet and knees sometimes Frown )

Most stupid thing I think I ever did was when I was 7 or smth. My granddad allowed me to "help" when he was working, and I was allowed to use the "big drill" - but not on wood or smth but on a foam plastic box of icecream (u know - the ones used to store the ice-lamb for religious shit etc) Was very fun, until it slipped and landed straight into my knee... Docters said afterwards that I had been extremely lucky, if the drill would have been 0,5mm deeper, I would be sitting in a wheelchair rightnow...

The rest of the stuff is more like "I let other people do stupid stuff", like the time that I challenged a boy from the neighbourhood to jump out of the window from the first floor. He did - and broke both his legs and a wrist Big Grin

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
19-05-2004 14:53 Homepage of KoFFiE
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Went to concert of Badmarsh & Shri in Singel in Apetown a while ago. Smuggled vodka in cola-bottle inside. When we left, bottle was empty.
On the way home, i decided to jump in bushes near sidewalk. It was dark.
During my flight/jump, i was hanging matrix-wise horizontally in the air, time stood still for a moment, and swiftly, a brief flash crossed my mind: "I hope these bushes don't have thorns!!"

that's where i was so wrong!!

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
19-05-2004 15:03 Homepage of Soi
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah i did that too , challenge someone to jump out of the window ... well actually it was more of a neccesity ... we were at snowboard camp , smoking j's in my room (other girls weren't too happy bout that , but thats not the point here Tongue ) longtime after we were supposed to go to sleep ( yeah that's what you get for going with kindervreugd ) we heard some footsteps coming in our direction ... we were on the first floor , they jumped out of the window and one of them slipped and fell quite hard on his ass , hahahaha Big Grin

so when they came for breakfast the day after , he couldn't snowboard for two days for hurting his collar bone Huh

__
19-05-2004 15:26 Homepage of basslicious
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Now that is what I call LOEMP Big Grin

hahaha indeed lol.. Pleased

__

19-05-2004 15:27 Homepage of Emblem-X
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

haha drunken adventures Big Grin

like 2 years ago we came back from a local festival by bike, extremely drunk Big Grin

and we decided to drive our bikes as hard as we could and then crash into the bushes separating the bikepath from the road Big Grin result we got catapulted onto the concrete road Big Grin not exactly a soft landing Big Grin but hahaha MASSIVE kick! Big Grin

after that we decided to drive our bikes again as hard as we could into a cornfield Big Grin as far as possible Big Grin dammit that hurted badly lol.. result bike and I perte totale Big Grin

what a nite lol Big Grin

__

19-05-2004 15:32 Homepage of Emblem-X
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

what is it with men and BUSHES ???
ROFL

__
19-05-2004 16:43 Homepage of basslicious
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

rofl Big Grin

they give me kicks Cool rrhauwh

__

19-05-2004 17:58 Homepage of Emblem-X
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I was pissed off on new year's eve a couple of years ago and decided it would be a good idea to smash up my portable radio/CD-player. Ended up getting cut massively by the sharp bits inside the radio and had to limp my way through the new year party Roll Eyes not really applicable to Murphy's law but still very stupid Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
23-05-2004 15:34 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
haha drunken adventures Big Grin

like 2 years ago we came back from a local festival by bike, extremely drunk Big Grin

and we decided to drive our bikes as hard as we could and then crash into the bushes separating the bikepath from the road Big Grin result we got catapulted onto the concrete road Big Grin not exactly a soft landing Big Grin but hahaha MASSIVE kick! Big Grin

after that we decided to drive our bikes again as hard as we could into a cornfield Big Grin as far as possible Big Grin dammit that hurted badly lol.. result bike and I perte totale Big Grin

what a nite lol Big Grin

Hehe I once did a biking competition with a friend to ride through the woods as fast as possible during a very dark night with the headlight off. We started off at extreme speed with near zero visibility but the competition was over after two minutes because he crashed into a tree and I got stuck with my foot between the pedal and a tree stump and fell flat on my face. Result: bruises, blood and two broken bikes Big Grin
Sentimental youth memories Pleased

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
23-05-2004 15:39 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

When I had my driver's licence and my first car for only a couple of weeks I figured it would be cool to go racing on the snowy road next to the Albert canal. There are absolutely no catchrails or anything there, just the road, 3 meters of grass and the freezing canal. I started slipping after 500m at a speed of 70km/h, headed for the canal, then managed to turn the car and crashed into the ditch at the other side of the road. My 4 passengers were laying all over the car on top of eachother Big Grin
Then we had to wait in the freezing cold for hours for the tow truck to arrive, and people were stopping every 2 minutes to see if we were still alive Big Grin
The car was wrecked and I had a lot of explaining to do to my parents Big Grin

__
23-05-2004 15:46 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Loooooooool ROFL

You did some really stupid things man! Crazy ass Tongue

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-05-2004 17:14 Homepage of Surya
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

especially all chronics proud smileys next to his stories make it extra funny ROFL

yeah today i had murphy looking over my back again Mad ... had to study real hard for my exam of tomorrow and once i just fell asleep for an hour , it was till early , and afterwards there was a KUNSTMARKT all day long on my plein where i live with spanish musicans ( not bad at all but if you're trying to study Roll Eyes ) and yelling children ....

there has NEVER ever been anything to do at this plein , so why is this the first day to start such a tradition Huh

ah well ... still have a lot to do , luckily the people already left by now Tongue

__
23-05-2004 19:38 Homepage of basslicious
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Murphy going hard on me too today Frown
Have to finish my these, but I'm having troubles with finding ways to benchmark MySQL. All programs are Unix only, and I have to compare Unix with Windows, so that won't work. Now we wrote a script to do the job, but it only works half: it puts huge load on the harddisk, somehow, but the data just dissapears. Very weird. And fucked up

You must have no idear what I'm talking about, but it sucks!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-05-2004 19:49 Homepage of Surya
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

most stupid thing for me was on a snowboardvacation... on my birthday... I was quite Booze and saw a balloon... just had to go get it... so I climbed to the roof where it was hanging under.. when I had the balloon, I didn't really think about how to come down, fell and broke 3 of my footbones Bigup well done!
Most of my accidents where caused by judo though.. don't know anymore how many times I broke toes or fingers (after a while, I just taped them and continued fighting instead of going to the docter), dislocated my knee and ripped al the muscles around (that was the most painfull!!), twice dislocated shoulder, two concussions (written correctly?) but ...still kicking!!! Banana Rinse

__

23-05-2004 20:24
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by machakil
most stupid thing for me was on a snowboardvacation... on my birthday... I was quite Booze and saw a balloon... just had to go get it... so I climbed to the roof where it was hanging under.. when I had the balloon, I didn't really think about how to come down, fell and broke 3 of my footbones Bigup well done!

after the show jackass , now the show dumb ass Big Grin

man , really some funny stories in here , i like this thread Bigup

__
23-05-2004 20:46 Homepage of basslicious
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003