drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Low, low, rolling bassline sound.
Go to the bottom of this page Low, low, rolling bassline sound.
Author

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

Can someone help us out, I'm beginner but have made this sorta base but have lost it due to water fucking up my laptop and can see to get anything like it... it's that smooth rolling sub bass sound if that makes sense, it's used in this track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAN44D-JgE&feature=related

Right now I'm just getting close but it's still too rough sounding, although adding a compresser helps but I not sure if I'm going down the right path or just papering over the cracks -you know what I mean?

p.s. I'm almost certain it's the latter, ohh and I'm using the 3x Osc so you know.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kaz1983: 10-02-2010 08:22.

10-02-2010 08:21
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

im no expert on subbass, i am still trying to perfect mine as well, and i dont know 3x osc, but heres what i can say about subbass:

keep it simple, one, maybee two sine waves (tuned one octave apart) and lp filter at around 100hz. maybee split the signal into two seperate signals, one clean going straight to the mixer, the other can be routed through a tape distortion or something and then mixed with the clean signal to produce a clean but yet slightly distorted subbass.

theres alot of dudes in here that could give you better tips than i could, but imo i think subbass is pretty simple, sine wave not to much processing.

but like i said im no expert.
12-02-2010 01:35
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Use 1 sine wave for bass, put it in mono.
Tune it manually untill you find the "sweet spot" somewhere around 50Hz you'll notice that it starts to hum really nice.
Low pass at 100HZ and sidechain it to the kick so the kick can push through the sub whenever it hits.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-02-2010 10:07 Homepage of BattleDrone
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Use 1 sine wave for bass, put it in mono.
Tune it manually untill you find the "sweet spot" somewhere around 50Hz you'll notice that it starts to hum really nice.
Low pass at 100HZ and sidechain it to the kick so the kick can push through the sub whenever it hits.

second that, plus i add a little distortion too if needed

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
13-02-2010 12:33
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Low, low, rolling bassline sound.