drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Just starting
Go to the bottom of this page Just starting
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-01-2010

just started making dnb. i use fl studio. i am pretty good with the drums its just the bass i suck at. any hints or tips on giving bass that real prominent sound.
03-02-2010 08:36
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

You could start roaming around the forum esp the production thread, and other forums as well searching for different tips that you could use for your basses. i do not have any links atm in my pocket to make you happy but document and experiment a lot is all that you could do. I am also a begginer when it comes to basses but i'm learnin on the way. Good luck!
03-02-2010 12:03
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

well as I am a starter too, I use cerbera saw for my bass, and than distord it (blood overdrive) use eq2 on it to cut away the sucky noise, boost the bass.
use chorus on it, reverb, reverb2 and you've got a bass lolTongue
use the x/y thingy on the sytrus to make that growl, but after a while move on too other basses, Im getting reason4 soon, the thor synth in there is AWSOMEBig Grin so be prepared for some neurofunk bass from me in the future Devil

__

The One - Age Break
08-02-2010 16:03
Travis_Huckins Travis_Huckins is a male
Rogue Ai

images/avatars/avatar-3425.jpg

Registration Date: 18-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.25

quote:
Originally posted by Age Break
well as I am a starter too, I use cerbera saw for my bass, and than distord it (blood overdrive) use eq2 on it to cut away the sucky noise, boost the bass.
use the x/y thingy on the sytrus to make that growl, but after a while move on too other basses, Im getting reason4 soon, the thor synth in there is AWSOMEBig Grin so be prepared for some neurofunk bass from me in the future Devil

I use reason 4 and I say that you will be able to get the neurofunk bass sound out. Thor is great but the real star of this type of bassline is the nn-xt sampler because of the resampling.

__

Rogue AI-Death Star
08-02-2010 19:57 Homepage of Travis_Huckins
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Travis_Huckins
quote:

I use reason 4 and I say that you will be able to get the neurofunk bass sound out. Thor is great but the real star of this type of bassline is the nn-xt sampler because of the resampling.

ohw have to get reason soon and check it outBig Grin

__

The One - Age Break
08-02-2010 23:02
Vectrex Vectrex is a male
Benzin

images/avatars/avatar-2991.jpg

Registration Date: 05-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
quote:
quote:

Noooo! Cubase for president! Big Grin

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

08-02-2010 23:52 Homepage of Vectrex
Rogue Ai

Helpfulness rating: 

Just so you know I also a use cubase and it is also possible to create neurofunk with it.

__

Rogue AI-Death Star

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Travis_Huckins: 09-02-2010 02:25.

09-02-2010 02:25 Homepage of Travis_Huckins
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

Helpfulness rating: 

True! you just go to Insert->new neurofunky bass->select how many growls and the modulation freq->select an artist (neuro artists only, no liquid or darkstep dnb) that cubase could use to get inspired from->press finish, wait for the progres bar to complete then voila=>your super duper neuro bass. to be consumed while warm! Tongue Drummer
09-02-2010 06:01
Rogue Ai

Helpfulness rating: 

It isn't that easy. It is just as hard to make neurofunk bass in cubase as it is in reason.

__

Rogue AI-Death Star
09-02-2010 07:20 Homepage of Travis_Huckins
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

Helpfulness rating: 

I find R4 more friendly and intuitive cause you can route your effects as you want, and they are always showed in the rack which makes tweaking a lot easier. no side panels or menus to explore. but great disadvantage: can't use vst. i think there is no daw that makes THE bass. it all comes down to the user.
All the best!
09-02-2010 07:28
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
It isn't that easy. It is just as hard to make neurofunk bass in cubase as it is in reason.

No! Can't be!!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-02-2010 11:26 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:

No! Can't be!!

I've been living a lie all my life Crying Crying

Tongue

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
11-02-2010 12:13 Homepage of Puzzle
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
quote:
quote:

Link to some useful bass tuts and other stuff

Ketan & Phyellas nuerobass tuts in there (sorry don't know link to them on here and can't be arsed searching but they are same tuts either way)

__

11-02-2010 15:41 Homepage of Sentinel
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Just starting