drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » automate/enveloppe rate of lfo or pitch of massive in sony acid pro
Go to the bottom of this page automate/enveloppe rate of lfo or pitch of massive in sony acid pro
Author

Registration Date: 24-09-2009

Hey,

I just started with wobbles. Making a wobble with NI massive plugin works just fine. But now i want to make a track. Now i want to ask, how do you vary for example the rate of a lfo, using a enveloppe.
Listening whole the time to the same sounding wobble would be a bit boring for a track.

I use sony acid pro.

Hope someone can help me.

greetz,
bvrm
26-01-2010 13:10
Vectrex Vectrex is a male
Benzin

images/avatars/avatar-2991.jpg

Registration Date: 05-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

You need the have the last update (1.1.4) or you just can't automate the synced rate of your LFO in Massive..

Greets,
Vectrex

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vectrex: 26-01-2010 13:13.

26-01-2010 13:13 Homepage of Vectrex
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I think you can assing the lfo rate to the keyboard so as you go up the lfo would spin faster and as you go down it would spin slower.
you can do that in the macro control i guess, that you'll find at the bottom left of Massive. I say i guess because i haven't work with massive a lot. in reason it's simpler.
26-01-2010 13:20
bvrm

i guess killerfan is close. Btw i have 1.1.4. In the lfo i dont tick sync, so i just have a rate knob. Then i drag the V ( of velocity) from the macro part to the small box under the rate knob. ( i saw this in a video tutorial that was using massive and a other program). Now i should be able to draw an envellope that changes the V Macro and so the lfo rate. But i cant find where to link an envellope of sony to that macro in massive.
26-01-2010 13:51
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

no don't route it to the velocity only if you modify the volicity of the note. but i don't think you would do that so you'll get no effect.
route it to the KTR in the same panel. ktr i thing it stands for keyboard tracking/er. This will give you the effect i mentioned earlier. i don't if that is what you want but it may give you some sort of variation of the lfo speed.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KILLER_FAN: 26-01-2010 14:11.

26-01-2010 14:07
bvrm

Hi,

I actually found how to automate the knobs of massive using sony acid pro.
With messing around with the acid help and the manual of massive and a bit of help from here, i found the solution:

1) first make 'melody' drawing midi notes
2) insert the softsynth massive
3) edit the sound
4) link the knobs you want to automate to a macro. You do this by dragging a number (1-Cool from the midi control panel in massive to the dark box under the knob
5) stand with your cursor on the number you dragged into that dark box, click and drag your cursor up and down > you get a yellow ring round the knob. This is the range within your envelope will work.
6) in sony acid: click view : show bus tracks
7) in the track list will appear a track with the number of your softsynt and a master track
Cool in the bustrack of your softsynt: click right in the blank space of the timeline, choose insert envelope > softsynth automation...
9) a window appears: tick the box from the macro you used in massive and put the No to visible
10) a envelope line apears on the timeline, changing this line by adding points will affect the macro-value and so the knob you wanted to automate within the range you chose.

editing an envelope works the same as a normal volume envelope

some people will think it is stupid i didn't know this, but who knows, starting producers can find this helpfull. Wink

greetz,
bvrm

thnx for the answers

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bvrm: 26-01-2010 19:54.

26-01-2010 19:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » automate/enveloppe rate of lfo or pitch of massive in sony acid pro