drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Hex - Force; want some info yah
Go to the bottom of this page Hex - Force; want some info yah
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Here's the tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agtHn1XmSUA

Anyway, my main question is how did the artist make the pad that plays at the beginning of the tune? (It has a long attack and develops, if that helps)
Another thing is the sound at 1:27, could you tell me anything about that n' how it is made? Thanks!
(I use Reason 3. I don't want to imitate/copy this track, I just want to learn...)

__
CtMc Cool
21-01-2010 18:42
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

dude, that pad dosnt sound that complicated. first off, you need to upgrade to reason 4 because the thor is one badass synth. you could make pads like that with thor. you might beable to do it with maelstrom too. now im no expert on making pads but i can tell you its all about the movement in them. like some real slow suttle filter cutoff modulation and long attack and release. also chorus and phase modulation for pads.

rob papen albino and blue are sweet for making pads. also you should really get reason 4.
21-01-2010 18:55
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

anyone else got any ideas? I got the vinyl with Hex - Force, I know more about the pad - but anyone able to provide info on the sound at 1:27?

__
CtMc Cool
02-02-2010 13:40
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Hex - Force; want some info yah