drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » the classic MC DJ Combination
Poll: Do you ever want an MC to either spit or just shut the fuck up?
Yes 24 80.00%
No 6 20.00%
Total: 30 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page the classic MC DJ Combination
Author

Registration Date: 30-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

ok i have ta let u guys have it st8 up do u guys even like jungle???? or you guys a bunch of trance heads???? like go to trance parties if u dont wanna hear mc'ing im so sick of these people that talk so much ish especially on the computer!!! cuz they wouldnt have jam to go up to them and tell them how they feel about how mc's suck..... but yet are you playing at that biggest jungle parties in the world hell NO of course not hold on i got another one for ya i bet you if u met Skiba or G.Q u'd be blowin dem and tellin dem how wikkid they are....and girls don't listen to drum'n'bass if you can't understand mc'ing or you don't like it i mean u wanna prolly hear some gurly vocals over ur crap well thats wat happy hardcore is for ...fer real just stop hateing or go to house/trance parties if you don't like mc's .....like some of the biggest most classic DNB tunes ever made have mc's on it that is tha ish!!!! and u guys prolly hate that cuz ur haters that want to hear beats and melodies whoa!!!! wait a min i ve heard this before sounds like a TRANCE lover...that doesnt know anything about jungle...bottom line mc ing and jungle will never stop it's ment to be if ur not down with mcing in jungle don't go to the parties and get out of the real JUNGLE/DNB scene.................SEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!
30-01-2006 07:34
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by jungle_monkey
ok i have ta let u guys have it st8 up do u guys even like jungle???? or you guys a bunch of trance heads???? like go to trance parties if u dont wanna hear mc'ing im so sick of these people that talk so much ish especially on the computer!!! cuz they wouldnt have jam to go up to them and tell them how they feel about how mc's suck..... but yet are you playing at that biggest jungle parties in the world hell NO of course not hold on i got another one for ya i bet you if u met Skiba or G.Q u'd be blowin dem and tellin dem how wikkid they are....and girls don't listen to drum'n'bass if you can't understand mc'ing or you don't like it i mean u wanna prolly hear some gurly vocals over ur crap well thats wat happy hardcore is for ...fer real just stop hateing or go to house/trance parties if you don't like mc's .....like some of the biggest most classic DNB tunes ever made have mc's on it that is tha ish!!!! and u guys prolly hate that cuz ur haters that want to hear beats and melodies whoa!!!! wait a min i ve heard this before sounds like a TRANCE lover...that doesnt know anything about jungle...bottom line mc ing and jungle will never stop it's ment to be if ur not down with mcing in jungle don't go to the parties and get out of the real JUNGLE/DNB scene.................SEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

mate, the poll should be asking if you should shut the fuck up! Evil

__
My Sounds
31-01-2006 09:43
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Facts
- I don't like trance
- I don't like trance parties
- I don't like the kind of people that go to trance parties
- I don't like all the white being worn on trance parties
- I like DnB
- I like DnB parties
- I like the kind of people that go to DnB parties
- I like how little white is worn on DnB parties
- I like to hear music, not some guy talking shit.
- I go to parties to hear music, otherwise I'd go to some acapella gig or something.

In the end parties are still about dancing to the music. An MC can be a good addition, but he can also fuck up things REALLY bad!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

31-01-2006 09:51 Homepage of Surya
Peel Peel is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1344.jpg

Registration Date: 20-07-2005

it's getting more and more like DOA over here Big Grin

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Peel: 31-01-2006 13:22.

31-01-2006 13:22 Homepage of Peel
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Peel

nah you can see it's a user with 1 post.. or maybe someone re-regging to voice his opinion Shocked Big Grin

anyway the mc debate is old as jungle/dnb itself. for me personally, I don't mind the mc unless he's boring (repeating him/herself endlessly, askin for rewinds etc, etc..) thus ruining the party

whoa you belgian dj's turn the mic off when an mc pisses you off? Cool

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
31-01-2006 14:00 Homepage of cynik
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

If it were all about the mcs and that, as this guy seems to think, surely loads more tracks would be put with the mcs that we all love so dearly on them than there currently are? Surely skibba and shabba and GQ and SPMC would be the big crowd drawers and the big record sellers?

But are they fuck. Dont mention twist em out and other tunes of its ilk, cos thats a tiny percentage. If it were all about the mc, it would, like hip hop, be reflected in the general image of the genre. I mean, when I first went to drum and bass nights, it was, I admit it, the MCs that I used to remember and chat about with my mates, cos they were up the front, attention hogging, and i hadn't really come to love the music properly yet. But that stage only lasted about half a year or less. Anyway, by this fools standards, I guess all those quality producers who never seem to have bugger all to do with mcs but put out a shit load of quality tunes must be trance heads deep down, they just dont know it.

I'm pretty sure I'm generally preaching to the converted here, its not like i think all mcs are rubbish, i like some styles more than others, i personally tolerate / like 'em on the pirate radios, but only at raves if they're unobtrusive. Some like the music and know how to compliment it, othere are just self aggrandizing dickheads. Its like the dubstep / grime divide. The mcs who appear with plastic man - dont remember the names, but i think they usually work with him - and are at the dubstep end work with the music. On the other hand, you have these guys who, laughably imo, think that they actually have some lyrical ability, and have something to say . . .

sorry long post, as cynik said, old old argument.
31-01-2006 17:11
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

the mc should spit deffinatly
but then again ; there's like these french jungle mc's who bring all famous lyrics
like cutty ranks shit an capleton stuff; but they really don't know what the fuck they are saying
ex:

cutty ranks limb by limb :
limb by limb we a go cut dem down
send fi di hacksaw take out dem tongue

when they see mi ; mi ; mi ;mi ;mi ; mi
see the hitman a come
see mi mi mi mi mi ,
say me just can't done

suddenly becomes--->
when they see mi mi mi mi mi
si mi hi-man a ho

i mean dude ; if u can't mc in english properly do it in ur own language or shut the fuck up(instead of fuckin up real good lyrics)!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
(could be just me listenin to the music to intense at party's)

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
12-02-2006 15:14 Homepage of baz
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Facts
- I like DnB
- I like DnB parties
- I like the kind of people that go to DnB parties
- I like to hear music, not some guy talking shit.
- I go to parties to hear music, otherwise I'd go to some acapella gig or something.

In the end parties are still about dancing to the music. An MC can be a good addition, but he can also fuck up things REALLY bad!

IDEM

for me there should be only mc'ed on actually tracks with the mc's in it.
like : Badcompany & rawhill kru - mo' fire ,
chase & status - duppy man , ...
allso some raggajungle stuff and an mc between two dj's ... thats all imo.
16-02-2006 00:04
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Nah, some hypin up can be really nice if well done...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-02-2006 07:18 Homepage of Surya
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Nah, some hypin up can be really nice if well done...

that's the hard part
way to many peeps call themselves mc's nowadays ; that's the way i look at it
Big Grin

__
20-02-2006 16:40 Homepage of baz
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by jungle_monkey

probably this guys on of them wanna B mc's Tongue

__
20-02-2006 16:41 Homepage of baz
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally spitted by some crappy MC
Yo, yo! Listen to my flo!

Roll Eyes

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

20-02-2006 17:16 Homepage of Surya
dizriz
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1507.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2006

I've never seen a good live mc but i've heard them on tapes.
But chill out a bit before you call us all trance heads... imagine slaving for like a year on a tune and hearing it being dropped at a party and then some mc shouting the same old "here we go with a bing bang bo" rythm over it.
Most MCing i've heard is pretty disrespectful to the elements in a tune... I get the feeling mc's wanna dj but don't wanna spend the time learning how to do it. I know this is not true but from my experience this is how I feel (although as I said I have never witnessed a truely sick dnb mc). I guess if mcing is as easy as I think everyone would be doing it.. I love ragga vocals though... also really rough garage mc's can be nice.

__
Liquid
21-02-2006 02:43
Mush mc Mush mc is a male
MentalLAB

Registration Date: 01-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:

I actually like to put on my white vest just to see people looking Huh

Big Grin

__
http://www.mentallab.com

02-05-2006 12:38 Homepage of Mush mc
off!ce off!ce is a male

Registration Date: 22-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

i did actually...was just starting a ragga-jungle set at boemkool in gent last summer, and some mc (i know exactly who but won't mention his name...)asked if he could drop some lines. i told him:'sure, but if i put my finger it means there's a vocal comming up, so u need to stfu..'

it lasted two rekkids,with his constant whining over all these beautifull choons (excuse my raggatalk,bomboclaat!!!) ...HAD TO SHUT HIM DOWN, grooverider stylee, just slide down te channel, and the whining will stop...

nothing but respect for the D.O.C tho, really love it when he's there to back you up...!!!!

all about the music, all about the vibe

__
22/07 off!ce session @ rumba Leuven
08/09 off!ce session @rumba Leuven
29/09 Silence @ Silo,Leuven b2b I-witness
30/09 Mektiburn @ ??? 2day festival raggajungle set!!!!
31/10 Excess vs off!ce @ musiccafé,Leuven
10/11 Off!ce 4 @waaiberg Leuven
02-05-2006 13:27 Homepage of off!ce
MentalLAB

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by off!ce
quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

i did actually...was just starting a ragga-jungle set at boemkool in gent last summer, and some mc (i know exactly who but won't mention his name...)asked if he could drop some lines. i told him:'sure, but if i put my finger it means there's a vocal comming up, so u need to stfu..'

it lasted two rekkids,with his constant whining over all these beautifull choons (excuse my raggatalk,bomboclaat!!!) ...HAD TO SHUT HIM DOWN, grooverider stylee, just slide down te channel, and the whining will stop...

nothing but respect for the D.O.C tho, really love it when he's there to back you up...!!!!

all about the music, all about the vibe

give us a name!!!
Big Grin
or maybe in PM

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mush mc: 03-05-2006 13:12.

03-05-2006 13:10 Homepage of Mush mc
off!ce off!ce is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

okay i'll make it a quiz question:

his name is the one thing he doesn't have Big Grin

__
03-05-2006 15:11 Homepage of off!ce
MentalLAB

Helpfulness rating: 

edit

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mush mc: 03-05-2006 17:57.

03-05-2006 17:42 Homepage of Mush mc
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by off!ce
okay i'll make it a quiz question:

his name is the one thing he doesn't have Big Grin

Talent? Girlfriend? Money? Brains?
Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
03-05-2006 19:20 Homepage of BattleDrone
off!ce off!ce is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

mc money Hihi

__
04-05-2006 00:39 Homepage of off!ce
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » the classic MC DJ Combination