drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Benzin - Vectrex - Watch Out For The Monster
Go to the bottom of this page Benzin - Vectrex - Watch Out For The Monster
Author
Benzin

images/avatars/avatar-2991.jpg

Registration Date: 05-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

Please check out my new track 'Vectrex - Watch Out For The Monster' and post your comments here!

This track is what I made from the preview I posted about a month ago. Since then I've been working on this track. I don't think I ever spent this much time on a song. To give you an idea, I spent at least 4 hours a day, 4 days a week during 2 months or so.. I'm quite happy with the mix. But I might remaster it this weekend 'cause I just mastered it the past hour. So most likeley I'll hear some mistakes when I re-listen to it tommorow. This also is my first mix ever to be made on my new Yamaha HS80m monitors!

Let me know what you guys think about it!

P.S.: Thanks to those who gave advice on how to finish it after I posted it last month!

Greets,
Vectrex

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vectrex: 16-01-2010 01:22.

15-01-2010 17:35 Homepage of Vectrex
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

YES!

man, this is sick.

Great bass, fx, use of delay on vox, etc.

this pretty much has everything to make a great track for me.

The one thing-- that first fx that you have at the beginning of the song- the same one that comes in around 1:45. that has a little too much high-end for me. Might sound better a little quieter, or if you can change pitch a bit to be lower that might help too.

Overall, sick tune. I would def own this

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
15-01-2010 19:05
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

quality track mate i have a pretty narrow scope what i like dubstep wise and this definately falls into it really like masterin on this everything soundz like it is sittin right only thing i could really say(if i had to) would be to switch the bass up now and then but thats imo nicely done

__
buy the ticket take the ride
15-01-2010 19:07
SteakJohnson SteakJohnson is a male
another 15 year old...

Registration Date: 17-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

This track is sick. FM bass sounds awesome, and it sequences perfectly with the drums. I love the fx too. The stabby little bass parts are also sweet. Snare has great reverb to it and the rise effect is nice. Only thing I dont care for is the way that the song ends. Build up is perfect though. Instead of just sweeping down the vol, it should reach some type of climax with crazy drum progamming and glitching. Then have crazy long reverb at end. Perhaps it could even go into fast paced dnb all the sudden but that probly wouldnt fit. Anyways, awesome song. Oh yeeah and the last thing is there should be more modulation for the bassline. more filters maybe or fm mod?

__
[SJ] Black Sun Rising:

16-01-2010 18:29
Vectrex Vectrex is a male
Benzin

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for your comments!

quote:
Originally posted by SteakJohnson
FM bass sounds awesome, and it sequences perfectly with the drums.

The bass sounds was created using a wavetable synthesizer (Native instruments Massive). But glad to hear you like it. And indeed I may bring in more modulation in the second part. Happy

When I relistened myself, I thought there was a tad to much low midrange rumble (mainly due to the pads). So I corrected it and uploaded the new version to my soundcloud & facebook profile.

Greets,
Vectrex

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

17-01-2010 14:19 Homepage of Vectrex
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

Like it all!
Ace background sounds, lovely drum programming and drum sounds, dirty basslines… vocal sample works truly good as well.

Nothing to complain about the sound. It’s nicely mixed, has a good stereo image and your use of delay vs reverb is optimal.

I think this should go straight into the best tracks of this month box…let’s see if my vote will help there.

keep it up.
17-01-2010 14:38 Homepage of Gregg
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Man, this tune rocks !
Soundwise, clear and crisp as a fresh bread roll Wink
Great use of fx, nice vocals , all elements fit nicely, lots of great ideas here,
no complaints,
bigups.

__
My Soundcloud
17-01-2010 21:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Don't touch it anymore, it is perfect.
The mixdown is crystal clear!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
17-01-2010 23:28 Homepage of BattleDrone
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hell Yeah ! leave it alone man ! Wink

__
My Soundcloud
17-01-2010 23:35
Zabrosito Zabrosito is a male

Registration Date: 15-01-2010

this is great! the bass is awesome, and the whole song sounds pretty chill. it has a midnight feel, which I like lol. and it does sound like you have spent some time on it, everything to me sounds great! nice work man
18-01-2010 01:08
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Tight sound you got here.

love the warping basses. very typical of what I was hearing in london the other night!
Big Grin

my only real gripe with this is the rather boring beat patterns. the kick is far to rigid imo. Needs more groove and not so regimented placing.

oh ok that has changed a bit now after the second drop but still think it cold do with more life.

can'treally say much else as its sounding top this end.

fine work fella

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

18-01-2010 10:36 Homepage of D2o
Benzin

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for the comments and advices! Wink

Greets,
Vectrex

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

18-01-2010 19:55 Homepage of Vectrex
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

You have just made my mind up, i'm getting HS80m's. This track is refreshing, nice sounds, good ideas and some good sound effects. Definately got a nice vibe to it! Love the vocals, sick mate! What DAW are you using to make this, and what other hardware do you own? Keep it up. J Wink

__
Huh
18-01-2010 21:27 Homepage of TuffDread
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Dirty! I like the bassline, reminds me of a few Nero tunes with that kind of creaking goin on, never worked out how to do that but you seem to have nailed it lol. Nice beat and that vocal sample lifts it all nicely. Tight mixdown, I'm listenin to it at a low volume and i'm still bangin my head so that's a good sign. Not much I can say to criticise this, wicked track mate, wish I'd written it Big Grin

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
19-01-2010 12:10 Homepage of c_ctrl
Benzin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl
reminds me of a few Nero tunes with that kind of creaking goin on

You caught me.. I really was aiming for that bass sound.. I even think that when I saved the synth sound as a preset I called it 'Nero'! Tongue

Thanks for the comment! Wink

Greets,
Vectrex

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

19-01-2010 12:55 Homepage of Vectrex
Benzin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TuffDread
You have just made my mind up, i'm getting HS80m's. This track is refreshing, nice sounds, good ideas and some good sound effects. Definately got a nice vibe to it! Love the vocals, sick mate! What DAW are you using to make this, and what other hardware do you own?

I definately recommend these monitors! Most likeley you'll love them instantly.. just as I did.. Smile
Though, make sure you check other monitors, when you're in store, as well. Maybe you still find something else you like better.

As DAW I use Cubase 5 in combination with my Edirol UA-25 (built-llike-a-tank) audio interface and those Yamaha monitors. Oh, almost forgot my Evolution MK-449c USB-Midi Controller and most important of all.. my laptop!

Greets,
Vectrex

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

19-01-2010 13:21 Homepage of Vectrex
G-Real
Producer

Registration Date: 19-01-2010

Have to say im liking the dirty bassline, the ideas are fresh with great use of fx and vocals. All the sounds fit in as one with a tight atmosphere to it. Maybe the beat could do wiv jazzin up time to time but other than that no complaints this end. Not tried it on my speakers yet as one has blown but look 4ward to tying it out. One of the best put together tunes i heard so far, got my head pumping like it should. Sounding like you sure put the hours in and its payed off. Peace
19-01-2010 16:05
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by Benzin
quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl
reminds me of a few Nero tunes with that kind of creaking goin on

You caught me.. I really was aiming for that bass sound.. I even think that when I saved the synth sound as a preset I called it 'Nero'! Tongue

Thanks for the comment! Wink

Greets,
Vectrex

All good Wink

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
20-01-2010 02:36 Homepage of c_ctrl
djbhb

Registration Date: 20-01-2010

Nice N Sqeaky clean. Looks good on the spectrograph cause you can tell the flat response of your monitors. Wished I had some.
20-01-2010 19:59
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

tight! nice intro. love it! sounds clean dude. great fx, what did you make those with? nice n ruff bass sound lead thingy too. good job my brotha! i really like this one.
21-01-2010 07:07
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Benzin - Vectrex - Watch Out For The Monster