drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Best DnB for someone new
Go to the bottom of this page Best DnB for someone new
Author

Registration Date: 10-01-2010

Hi, all

please don't slate me for putting this in the wrong place (if i have) but i couldn't really find a better place for it and mod's feel free to move it if it's better suited to a different area of the board.

Anyway I'm pretty new to listening to DnB and was hoping for members of the board to give me a decent footing on the best DnB artists to get stuck into. I'm a pretty big fan of Dubstep (hence my username Tongue ), artists like Rusko, Caspa, Skream, Datsik, Benga etc. and I'm a pretty into jungle aswell.

But i've been moving away from trying to write dubstep tracks in reason and wanted another genre to try and turn my hand to (i wasn't very good at dubstep but i still try Tongue ), through youtube mostly I've gotten into artists like Aphrodite, but i wanted to know who inspires you, who did you first get into when you discovered DnB etc and hoped you would share that information with me or any other drum and bass newbies, also any up and coming artists you think are worth a mention are welcome aswell.

Anyway thanks for you time Big Grin
11-01-2010 00:07
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

well depends on what sort of dnb you're after ...

dark, techy, neuro, trancey, liquid (melodic) etc ...

I guess a few to get you started would be Noisia, Concord Dawn, Calyx & Teebee, Nu:Tone, Logistics, Danny Byrd, London Elektricity, Pendulum (old albums) & anything by Hospital Records (if you like the liquido)

I think those are mostly liquid / nuero artists.

I'm not a fan of dark dnb tbh so let someone else answer those ones.

Safe.

__

11-01-2010 01:47 Homepage of Sentinel
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

HI,

Try this:

Ed Rush & Optical Rockin ,Cause 4 Concern, State of Mind, Break, Apex, Silent Witness, Reggula, Dementia, Dillinja, High Contrast, Drumsound & Bassline Smith, Chase & Status, Phace, Misanthrop, Black Sun Empire, rawthang, Ill Skillz, Cls & wax, and of course Paracyte Wink just jking.

I hope that Helps.

__
My Soundcloud
11-01-2010 02:40
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

ltj bukem should be enuff to wet your appetite.

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
11-01-2010 08:46
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Youtube offers loads of good stuff, just look up some of those names above and start digging... really nice.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
11-01-2010 14:24 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Best DnB for someone new