drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Pads And Snares
Go to the bottom of this page Pads And Snares
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Recently I have beem having difficulty making pads. I need your help!
I want to make pads that fit dark/atmospheric songs. (I USE REASON 3)

Another thing I'm having difficulty with is snares; all mine either sound gay or fuzzy and so I'm sticking to the Amen at the moment, hehe
Could you provide me with some info on what makes a good snare, how to make them and where to find them?

MANY THANKS Big Grin Tongue Smile Big Grin Tongue Smile Big Grin Tongue Smile Big Grin Tongue Smile Big Grin Tongue Smile Big Grin Tongue Smile Big Grin Red Face Smile
Answering me will help me out of this horrible rut; it's also stopping me from enjoying what I do Devil

__
CtMc Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ciaran: 02-01-2010 22:52.

02-01-2010 22:47
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

for reason pads you can start with looking at the factory preset thor / combi etc pads and see how they've been made using the various devices tear em apart and rebuild em to ur taste Wink

as for snares really its about finding the right sounds to work with in the first place, the rest is eq / layers and possibly some compression, theres a lot of different drum packs available online, the vengeance pack is widely used but also has some useful sounds just try and build up a bank with enough sounds to choose from that work for you Bigup

__

02-01-2010 23:34 Homepage of Ketz
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

okay thanks for your advice!
But please tell me; what sort of snares do you like and what sort don't you like? (short, 'snappy', pitched up/down, etcetera)

__
CtMc Cool
02-01-2010 23:55
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

For snares: layering is the key that opens many doors.
Watch the producer masterclass by Mistabishi (4 parts), he gives some great advice on kicks and snares, I learned a lot from this....

Pads: I dunno Reason, the advice for Thor is good, but Thor only exists since version 4 and you are using version 3 so that won't help a lot i guess.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
03-01-2010 00:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Pads And Snares