drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The SIKest Sounds?!?!
Go to the bottom of this page The SIKest Sounds?!?!
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

what do you guys think can make the really sik sounds? i mean, i know its a combination of synths and effects and stuff, but like what? i mean really sik sounds like that bass synth in spors 103 degrees. i can hear kinda maybee some of the modulation techniques possibly being used there. but what the hell can make sounds that ill?

i got grips of vst's. zeta, tera, cube, refx stuff, korg stuff, linplug stuff, i dont know if any of them can make sounds that sik but maybee i just need to get better using them?

i am trying to learn more and more about synthology. but damn after all these years i have still not learned how to make the real sik sounds.

what do you guys think?
19-12-2009 04:05
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

errr I think this next bit must get repeated over and over on here Wink

Get a sound as SICK (as you put it) as you can, export, import, process further, export, import and so on until you get something really beefy you like.

The SICK (as you put it) sounds are more likely than not made up of lots of processed layers of sound.

Can't really tell you to a tee on how to make a specific sound; called experimentation.

ez.

__

19-12-2009 08:03 Homepage of Sentinel
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

yeah man it takes a LOT of practice to make those kinda basses. as Sentinel said experimentation is key. z3ta is a monster of a synth - well capable of producing some really nasty sounds so I'd defo try learn it more in-depth. try make some basic sounds using ur synth (a basic reece for example - just 2 detuned saw waves running thru a couple filters with some lfo modulation) then beef it up with distortion / chorus / flange / phase. you can also re-sample (export the sound u made in ur synth as a wav) and re-import that into a sampler and run more automations thru it for more movement etc.

__

19-12-2009 19:17 Homepage of Ketz
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
(export the sound u made in ur synth as a wav) and re-import that into a sampler and run more automations thru it for more movement etc.

yep, this x 100..

re-sampling is the key. oh and lots of patience.. Big Grin

__
My Sounds
19-12-2009 19:32
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

right, right, resampling huh? well i must expiriment more too. i was just wondering you know, like a new technique to use. thx. i am gonna keep at it.
19-12-2009 20:50
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The SIKest Sounds?!?!