drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Drums!?!?!? Wut do U guys use to make your beats?
Go to the bottom of this page Drums!?!?!? Wut do U guys use to make your beats?
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

This isn't to do with what I use for my beats, but I suppose that it is still relevant.
I have my own 'dNb Kit' or collection of various drum sounds; I'll load some drum samples into Reason from either the Soundbank or some drum machines off KB6.de, and maybe layer them a bit and/or change the pitch etcetera. Then I will add Scream 4 distortion, record it with Cubase; and voila I have some new sounds to use. It's also something that I can do when I have musician's block...
I use the Redrum, sure the NNXT may have capabilities, but why can't you automate all those f*cking parameters below the 'load patch' secion? Jeez

__
CtMc Cool
18-12-2009 00:58
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by Ciaran
This isn't to do with what I use for my beats, but I suppose that it is still relevant.
I have my own 'dNb Kit' or collection of various drum sounds; I'll load some drum samples into Reason from either the Soundbank or some drum machines off KB6.de, and maybe layer them a bit and/or change the pitch etcetera. Then I will add Scream 4 distortion, record it with Cubase; and voila I have some new sounds to use.

You record the sounds from Reason with cubase !?
You could just mute everything except the bits you need and export a wav of the loop.

quote:
Originally posted by Ciaran
I use the Redrum, sure the NNXT may have capabilities, but why can't you automate all those f*cking parameters below the 'load patch' secion? Jeez

Can't you !?
I've never tried ...

__

18-12-2009 06:17 Homepage of Sentinel
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl
..And I'll answer the question while I'm here too!

I do my beats with Logic and ReCycle.. Chop up a breakbeat and load it into Logics Sampler, re-arrange it and layer it up with one shots from a few Sample CDs I got (if it needs it Wink ) I guess you could do the same with a combination of the NNXT and Redrum..? It's more inspiring to work with a groove than a load of single shots, I find.

That would be a combination of Dr. Rex & NNxT.
Dr. Rex just to get the break pattern and then copy the pattern from the Dr. Rex lane down to the NNxT lane and load in the same rex or your own samples into the NNxT and go from there. Wink

__

18-12-2009 06:22 Homepage of Sentinel
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Drums!?!?!? Wut do U guys use to make your beats?