drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » some response plz
Go to the bottom of this page some response plz
Author
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 24-08-2003

Hi peepz,
i'd like some response on this thing i'm working on..
So if you have a minute or 2 and would like to spend it on listening to this clip and give some advice, well, that would make me happy Big Grin

http://www.industria.be/~ben.cochez/files/2504.mp3

i know it lacks eq (i was too lazy to eq when i started it, and now it's such a mess..), but the main thing is, it lacks 'power' or such, i dunno, it just doesn't sound quite right i think.
Any tips to make it sound better are welcome!

ps i'm not posting this in the tunes section because this isn't what i would call a tune Wink ; it's more just a bunch of parts i made thrown together in the sequencer..
26-04-2004 14:52 Homepage of rorschach
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I like the thing u do with the bassline in the beginning with the bassline: for differently pitched versions of the same sample I think. Maybe add some more attack to the last two. I think you can add more energy to the track by picking one or two sounds from your drumline & putting those a bit louder.

Da heavy part that kicks in about halfway the track is really Shocked heavy shit, if u could get that part to sound 'clearer' it would be one WIKKED partytune.

There's also the little hihat thing I first noticed around 3.10 (could have been in earlier), maybe boost that a little too.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
27-04-2004 19:22 Homepage of djfreemc
rorschach rorschach is a male
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 24-08-2003

@djfreemc: thx for your reply! I'm glad someone sais it could be a wikked partytune, that was my intention.
I've been trying to get it sounding cleaner but it's pretty hard for me to find a middle way between clean sound and still keeping the feeling right; the problem is probabely that i started with a pretty muddy sample i use for the 'ghost' drums (it sounds like a kick with heavy processing on), but when i clean up the sample with an eq the drumline just doesn't sound good anymore Mad no clue what to do about it..
29-04-2004 18:21 Homepage of rorschach
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I think the problem are not your basslines, but your drums. Especially the hi-end is quite messy I think, and change the EQ, it sounds quite sharp around 8000 Hz.

Clean it up and stuff, could be the shit!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-05-2004 10:49 Homepage of Surya
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » some response plz