drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » That "Yuy Yuy" & "Wohw Wohw" sound (jump up bass question)
Go to the bottom of this page That "Yuy Yuy" & "Wohw Wohw" sound (jump up bass question)
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 16-11-2009

Hey guys thanks a lot. I haven't been on this thread for a while and I figured it out a while back in Massive. I stick the sample and hold filter on and tune it till it gives me that effect. I'm definitely going to give all your suggestions a try though and see if I can come up with something even better, thanks a lot!

Also BattleDrone, I downloaded that plug-in but it doesn't seem to have the effect you listed :s Also I'm not sure what Saturation really is, could you explain it to me a bit? Tongue Thanks a lot dude, take it easy!

Second edit.. Jesus lol.. TuffDread you got a MySpace man? ;]

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by SaulGilsenan: 25-12-2009 00:46.

25-12-2009 00:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I believe it is the second setting (something with "tape saturation", not on DAW right now).

Tape saturation is an effect where instruments are recorded onto analog tape with the VU meters going into red. In analog recording, this process could often result in a "warm" sound pleasing to many listeners ears. In digital recording, one never wants to go into the "red" because an effect known as digital clipping occurs. Tape saturation is an effect that often works well with rock guitars. It is comparable to a photographer over exposing film for stronger colors and shadows.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
25-12-2009 19:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

sorry man, dont have a myspace, i'm gonna make one soon actually, its just having the time to update it and that.

__
Huh
26-12-2009 21:15 Homepage of TuffDread
BayG

Registration Date: 12-06-2009

on massive, ive used 2 oscs, both down 2 octaves and 0.15 +/-.

1st osc is set to plysaw 1 - wt position at 12 o clock
and the 2nd is set to scrim - wt position about 3 o clock

Filter 1 is on lowpass 4, with the lfo as big or as little as you want - triangle curve

insert 1 - sample & hold - about 2 o clock

this is probably explained really badly but this gives the 'yuh yuh yuh' sort of sound

or if you cant be arsed, ive uploaded a preset here:

http://www.zshare.net/download/710476098f286a8c/
10-01-2010 22:58
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

lol at the wobble bashing!!

i swear thats what my mum used to say about jungle music back in the days.

" turn that shit off, it just sounds like noise"

gotta move with times, but that tune is shite non the less.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by the moneyshot: 11-01-2010 07:50.

11-01-2010 07:50
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

each to their own

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
11-01-2010 14:15
WIZLA

Registration Date: 09-01-2010

If Your Using Reason 4.0 Give These A Go

http://www.mediafire.com/file/am0ymzzn0ud/Yuh.cmb
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xmo2wtym2d...h%20Yuh%20.thor

Think these are the sounds your are talking about
15-01-2010 16:40
GeeZZ
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 31-03-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

you know wot i think its a bit of a culture thing a lot peep who bash 'jump up' are europian or basicly not uk. i think we grew up in a sence an followed the progression from before 'jungledrumnbass' to now there loadsa styles but a lot of what peep on net call dnb is clever and has its own merits but its not wot we think off in the uk and its not what you hear wen u go to raves eg. quote i hav heard so many times 'was his set/that dj any good? did he play like tunes youve heard of' how many times sum1 sed that cos wen we hear sum1 playin sum really clever liquid dnb that clears the dance floor, its a tune no 1s heard of, and its not wat you wana hear althought i do appreciate sum mellow er stuff sumtimes.

sum of the best jump up sounds really simple, thats the idea but to attually make a track thats loud bangin energetic and simple soundin is not so easy.

next time sum1 bashes a simple 'wah wah' tune why dont the knock sumfin up jus as gud or betta am tellin you they cant, perfect example original sin, master know he jus done his album sum of theese elietes respect him cos he can do the full range now they listen to his simpler jump stuff diffrently. its quite intrecate to get that simple grimey badman sound.

we spent year listen to tech step almost jump up in the naughtys all the time it was tryin to get to wear it is now, bin there it was great but it moves on, gets betta.

<<<<<<<<<<<SKIP HERE FOR PRODUCTION TIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sorry long post back to the production: i find the key (for me) to gettin these great sik sounds is good vst practice and endless tweakin you soon learn how to make diff sounds,more direct control than re-samplein. if you got massive start wiv that and the examples posted hear, but u literlary 'tweak' the controls just a small turn of any off the control is the diff between a great sound and a shit 1, if you sweep thru the controls twistin them all the way one way then the other you wont get it (if you get me) once i realised this it got a lot easier.
15-01-2010 20:22
Shredz

Registration Date: 25-02-2009

I know the exact sound you are trying to make.

The easiest way to make it, if you are using logic, use the EFM synth.

Turn the attack on the default sound up a little to get a "wob" sound.

Now add a bitcrusher as an insert and turn the downsampler up. This should give you your "yuy" sound Smile
04-02-2010 20:39
Howzy88 Howzy88 is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 30-09-2010

Mate that noise is eeeeeeeez! Creat ur wobble... I tend to use 3 osc ( saw/square)Seem to work the best I find down to u tho! After u done that slap a bitcrusher on dat shit !!! Crush til u hear that yoyo sound u after! That's it Smile . Play around with ya envelopes and filters til you find whatever you lookin for! Hope this helps ! Safe
30-09-2010 14:23
Howzy88 Howzy88 is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 30-09-2010

Also a touch of distortion realy brings it out quite nicely!
30-09-2010 14:55
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

exactly wot geezz said to the t

__
buy the ticket take the ride
30-09-2010 19:06
rachely476

Registration Date: 22-10-2010

quote:
Originally posted by WIZLA

Thanks for sharing the link!

__
watch movies online for free
22-10-2010 11:28
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have to throw in my 2 cents. Aphrodite is Jump Up. Hazzard and Clipz are disposable noise. All the tunes are the same.
24-04-2011 19:47
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by mattyb
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have to throw in my 2 cents. Aphrodite is Jump Up. Hazzard and Clipz are disposable noise. All the tunes are the same.

I think you are missing the point here. Someone asks how to make disposable noise so if you know how you tell him. Critisism about the style never helped music to develop or?

You my dear are ...

Wink

__
24-04-2011 20:46 Homepage of BattleDrone
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Meh. I'm proud to be old school. You can tell a huge difference between old school analog produced dnb and the new digital style. Sure with computers everything can be made crisp and clean but old school has a warmth to it .. even the dirtiest of tracks. But back on subject, it's all ready been discussed how to make it so why not discuss our views on it? Me personally i'd rather have Dubplate Pressure on vinyl than all of Hazzards/CLipz/TCs/Original Sins Catalouge on .wav or mp3. So too each there own.
25-04-2011 03:41
Merci

Registration Date: 29-04-2011

quote:
Originally posted by WIZLA

He could you please re-up the links?
Dont work anymore... Frown

thanks!!!
29-04-2011 02:48
JonnyE

Registration Date: 29-05-2011

Try using massive and either the waveform modern speech/gentle talking or something similar and modulate the wavetable position with an lfo.... or use a sample and hold technique.... or a bitcrusher there are many ways of doing it just find one that suits...
05-06-2011 13:33
JonnyE

Registration Date: 29-05-2011

quote:

Do u need to spend ur time slagging off the likes of hazard and clipz and their sound.... they've made more money off their disposable sound than i have with mine so you've gotta give em their dues
05-06-2011 13:37
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyE
Do u need to spend ur time slagging off the likes of hazard and clipz and their sound.... they've made more money off their disposable sound than i have with mine so you've gotta give em their dues

Well if you put it that way we all have to love Lady Gaga because she probably made a 1000 times more money than Hazard and Clipz together.
I'm old enough to be old skool and open minded enough to be new skool (disposable noise). I just like it all!

quote:
I'm proud to be old school.

quote:
Originally posted by junglist06
each to their own

quote:
too each there own.

Your spelling seems pretty new skool though...

__
05-06-2011 14:13 Homepage of BattleDrone
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » That "Yuy Yuy" & "Wohw Wohw" sound (jump up bass question)