drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Party headz » 04/12/09 Breakcore Gives Me Wood ism CHINA EXPRESS @ VOORUIT, GHENT
Go to the bottom of this page 04/12/09 Breakcore Gives Me Wood ism CHINA EXPRESS @ VOORUIT, GHENT
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-09-2004

BREAKCORE GIVES ME WOOD ism CHINA EXPRESS/Europalia/Vooruit

friday-4-12-2009, Balzaal, Vooruit, Ghent: 5 EURO !

When the Chinese Government pays to fly Chinese Breakcore Artists over, you don't want them to stand in front of an empty Vooruit. That's why Breakcore Gives Me Wood will hijack this party and show our guests from the east what parties here are like.

iLoop

22:30 Balzaal – breakcore

iLoop’s sharp beats are situated somewhere between industrial rock, punk, hardcore and breakcore. His sets are extremely loud and thrilling, and you just have to dance. In 2003, he founded ‘No Me’ a workplace where he assists composers in the technical aspects of their music. His debut EP, ‘Don’t Break My Core’ was released on Shansui Records, managed by his good friend Sulumi.

B6

23:30 Balzaal – minimal techno

B6 is one of the most productive and respected contemporary artists in China, active in several genres, from synthpop to IDM, breakcore, drum and bass and even post-rock. Expect extremely danceable rhythms, playful beats as well as soft and atmospheric minimalism. His last album, ‘Post Haze’, is a milestone in the history of China’s burgeoning independent music scene. Apart from being a pioneer in electronic music, this unique young Shanghai-based artist is also a producer, DJ and graphic artist who has exhibited his work in the UK, Europe and North America.

Sulumi

0:30 Balzaal – digital hardcore

A live set by Sulumi is always a unique experience: pummelling his game boy and his laptop with his entire lanky body, he produces crazy and intense digital hardcore. His pounding electronica, featuring video game sound bytes and 8-bit sounds, has earned him a loyal army of fans, predominantly consisting of young laptop artist inspired by him. But he has also made his way to an international audience of electronica lovers, performing with the likes of Four Tet and World’s End Girlfriend.

PLUS:

livesets from SICKBOY (be, tigerbeat 6, peace off) , DROON (be, Shanshui) and special guest K-OS (be, hectic) + more TBC

This event is part of CHINE EXPRESS, a 3 day festival of Experimental Chinese Music. The festival pass, or the day ticket will also get you in. check the details here:
http://vooruit.be/en/serie/51

facebook event page for updates etc:
facebook
23-11-2009 23:10 Homepage of droon
droon
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-09-2004

bedankt aan alle aanwezigen, de afwezigen hebben oa een verassingset van ENDUSER(usa) gemist
06-12-2009 21:53 Homepage of droon
Raptor
Tourist

Registration Date: 19-12-2009

idd very nice party although enduser was a bit to atmospheric for this guy.
The chinese government maybe doesn't want to pay for the climate to change but they may sure keep paying their artist to get here! Wink
20-12-2009 05:16
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Party headz » 04/12/09 Breakcore Gives Me Wood ism CHINA EXPRESS @ VOORUIT, GHENT