drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » subbass volume loss
Go to the bottom of this page subbass volume loss
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

hi..
i'm using logic pro 8 with massive. on my subbass channel i've got a problem: after a while the sound disappears.
the massive signal goes through logics eq and denoiser and at the beginning everything is fine...but after some time you can hear the subbass no more!
any suggestions?
thx..
ksd
23-11-2009 14:18
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Does it disappear on its own or does it go away only when other elements come in?

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
23-11-2009 14:39 Homepage of Puzzle
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

it does disappear on his own..
i can play the whole tune for some time..with all the elements and everything's working fine..
but then it disappears, without doing any changes..
near the name of the subbass track you can see that there is some signal..but you can't hear any sound and there is no signal on the mixer..
23-11-2009 15:02
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

It could be that the notes are overlapping and that you have it set to legato without having the decay or sustain to full on the volume envelope.
This could cause the volume of the sub will decay into nothingness after a while.

Try either sticking the sustain on the volume evelope to full or make massive re-trigger the envelope for every new note.

If that doesn't fix it then I'm not sure what it could be, perhaps some hidden automation somewhere?

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

23-11-2009 21:11 Homepage of D2o
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

Hi Ghost!
thanks for your reply..
i do have some overlapping notes and i do have set it to legato..but i do also have the decay set to full. and my subbass line is not continuous..there are some pauses, so it should start over again..
25-11-2009 12:54
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » subbass volume loss