drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Imac question..
Go to the bottom of this page Imac question..
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

I'm planning on buying an Imac somewhere in the next year, most of my questions about switching from PC to Mac have been answered. I know i'll be able to connect my Aldi Medion 22" monitor to it for a dual-screen setup and my worries about wheter the plug-ins I use most of the time will work are over, because most will.

all that's left is the price and which configuration..

I'm looking into the 27" quad core version, but i'm wondering if it'll be worth spending another 600€ on top of the 1799€ it already costs. Those 600 would be a processor upgrade from a 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 to a 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. RAM upgrade from 2X2Gb 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM to 4X2gb 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM and a HD upgrade from 1TB to 2TB.

Will that be worth it and expand it's lifetime a bit?

I want to avoid situations like which i am in now, where my laptop cant handle the stuff i want it do anymore, after just two years..

and offcoarse know how much money i'll have to be saving in the next couple of months

Mac fanboys go! PC lovers start telling you could build a PC like that for just 20€!

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
16-11-2009 23:58 Homepage of Friscko
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
Mac fanboys go! PC lovers start telling you could build a PC like that for just 20€!

Big Grin

The iMac that you're considering buying is already more powerful than the one I use at work all day everyday, so I can't really help you there mate unfortunately. iMacs are fucking great machines tho. Good choice.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
17-11-2009 00:05 Homepage of Tomos
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Imac question..